• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scale Mil Target for Ladder test

Dagsta

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2008
Louisiana
Some time ago there was a gent on here who had a printable Mil Scale Target. He even e mailed it to me and I must have lost it when I changed over computers.

I searched and didn't find the thread.

Does anyone remember where I can find him?

Thanks

Re: Scale Mil Target for Ladder test

A large metric measuring tape works well for me...
smile.gif

You could make your own. All you need to know is 1 mil=3.6 inch at 100 yrs.

I just print out, or photocopy, my favorite inch-grid target of the moment at 72% scale, and that's my .2-mil grid.

Been doing that almost a year now.

Just wish I could get that scale of grid input into OnTarget. I'm light on graphix software right now, CorelDraw! 3.0 just won't work on these new-fangled computers.

I took a closer look at the Horus offerings and the manual pdf that goes with as mentioned above by SWFA. Frankly, they seem pretty slick and I like the idea of doing the whole job at 100 yd because finding the center point of [small] shot groups would be consistent throughout the elevation travel at that range. Even though they cost $$$, so does trying to print out copies of a shared Powerpoint file that is 60" (or more) long if you don't have access to a printer that is formatted for that paper size.

Question is, does putting your 100 yd zero at the bottom and going up the grid with your elevation turret, all at 100 yd REALLY give you the same drop info that measuring actual drop using a grid with the 100 yd zero at the top at increasing distances does? Other than wind effects, etc., which would remain constant using a set 100 yd distance, it seems to me like it should be the same, or close enough not to make any difference. Just wondering if I'm missing anything?

Mil Load Development Targets - though obviously not for a ladder test.

I made some for my brother a few weeks back when I was feeling generous. Two in there - one with a diamond on the center of the aimpoint and another without (he requested no diamond). Print 11x17 and turn off scaling. They're made for 200yds. and the grid is grey so you can't see it from your shooting position. This way you can wrap up your development, pick your load and adjust your turrets to center it but not have that grid in your sight picture while aiming.

The squares are 1cm @ 100yds, not 100m.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could make your own. All you need to know is 1 mil=3.6 inch at 100 yrs.

</div></div>

That's what I do. Simple and cheap.