• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scale options under $300

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2009
    Colorado
    Are there any decent digital scales under $300 that have a .02gr ish resolution?

Don’t really need a dispenser combo unit, and can’t really justify an AND or Sartorius at the moment.

Are there any decent digital scales under $300 that have a .02gr ish resolution?

Don’t really need a dispenser combo unit, and can’t really justify an AND or Sartorius at the moment.

You can find quite a few decent digital scales that measure in grams to .001 grams resolution and are well within that budget. They can give you the resolution you want in grains. You'll just need to do a simple conversion, which is easy enough.

My instructor and I use the GemPro series. Those come up used on the hide around $100. Keep a mouse mat and anti-static wipe handy but they seem to be solid. Resolution seems to be .05 grains though. Not sure you will find something as accurate as you are asking without luck or more money.

You want a miligram resolution scale. And preferably one that has grains for a unit. I found several on eBay for close to $300. Metler/Toledo, A&D and Sartorius are all good brands. I have 2 Metlers. Good units.

Side note, I was looking for a scale with the RS 232 interface that was cheaper than the A&D with mg resolution. I was thinking that the communication protocol for all those scales is the same and would all probably work with the Autotrickler. Never pursued it any further but if you think you might upgrade to the Autotrickler setup later, getting a scale with the right interface might save you some money.