• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scale??'s

vwhugger

The Kindly Curmudgeon
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2003
NW WI
I'm looking to get a scale but am clueless as to what.

I would think an electronic one but not sure.

It would need to be, maybe, accurate to the oz with a capacity of 50#'s or so. And be able to maintain that accuracy without servicing it. I don't know if scales nowadays even need servicing.

Any particular brands? I'm thinking a price up to around $100.

Re: Scale??'s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> accurate to the oz with a capacity of 50#'s or so.</div></div>

Postal scale? What are you looking to weigh?

Yes, packages for one thing. Stocks, rifles, etc.
Seems I'm always looking to weigh something on the smaller side.
I don't know if I should get like a postal scale or a food weighing scale or what. There's tons of them on eBay.

I have one of these from Office Depot. Mine is an older version that will work for 200# boxes. Most of mine were no more than about 25# for the Distorted/SH Christmas boxes but a few bike parts were pretty close. It works to the ounce, and partial or the metric scale as well

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/525025/DYMO-By-Pelouze-150-Lb-Digital/

525025_sk_lg.jpg

I'll have to check that one out.

I see some on eBay have four vs one load cell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you need it for shipping, it rocks 'dub'. Place it on a flat floor, hit the switch, and let it auto zero, and rock and roll. Mine is six years old and still weighs exact </div></div>

This slipped by me. Anywhoo, I ended up getting a Royal DSS pro. I got it at Sam's Club and payed around $50 for it. 400# capacity, 1/10# increments. It works good.

I did try Office Depot but their supply of stuff was very depleted. There just, literally, wasn't any selection at all.