• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scaled 22LR for centerfire LR training

Interesting. I had come to very similar conclusions on the 22lr vs 308. I was running mine on a rather smaller data set and I came up with 25%. I had my first Gen targets made but I'm working up new ones that will give more feedback.

What I think is critical with the 22lr is that there is more feedback on misses. I think for 22lr training, you should be able to see where every shot fell- exactly. Hits and misses are good, but knowing where you missed is almost more important. That's why I don't like shooting 22lr practice or competitions and get no call on misses.

That feedback needs to be TIGHT to get the most benefit out of it.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...f-7-62x51-175gr-out-of-a-18inch-r700.6395085/

Last edited:
Can be over or under 25%, depending larger caliber used for scaling reference. Article has tool for both finding best fit trajectory percentage and scaling targets accordingly.

Thanks for the info. My Kestrel with AB generates numbers that are always a good starting point.

Did you email btw? Reply bounced..

Interesting. I had come to very similar conclusions on the 22lr vs 308. I was running mine on a rather smaller data set and I came up with 25%. I had my first Gen targets made but I'm working up new ones that will give more feedback.

What I think is critical with the 22lr is that there is more feedback on misses. I think for 22lr training, you should be able to see where every shot fell- exactly. Hits and misses are good, but knowing where you missed is almost more important. That's why I don't like shooting 22lr practice or competitions and get no call on misses.

That feedback needs to be TIGHT to get the most benefit out of it.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...f-7-62x51-175gr-out-of-a-18inch-r700.6395085/