• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scam account

IMG_7132.png

I have a question about this. Are these fuckheads signing up with the fake username or changing to it? I'm new here still and I just noticed the other day that it seems we can change our user names at will. If the scammers are signing up with one name and then switching later, it seems like that feature should be turned off until you reach a certain amount of posts or something.

I understand that we all need to try and do our due diligence when making purchases or sales, but this would be one easy step to take. I helped run a small forum before and it was a PITA. Just kinda thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot
Scam has been going on for about a month and it is aimed at people selling in the PX who post “I’ll take it.”

Scammer rushes up a fake account and PM’s buyer with fake payment address and disappears with money.

Yes, report it. But if you are selling or buying in PX beware that you are saying who you say you are! Doesn’t just apply to snipers hide. It’s on all kinds of sale sites.

Sirhr

Scam has been going on for about a month and it is aimed at people selling in the PX who post “I’ll take it.”

Scammer rushes up a fake account and PM’s buyer with fake payment address and disappears with money.

Yes, report it. But if you are selling or buying in PX beware that you are saying who you say you are! Doesn’t just apply to snipers hide. It’s on all kinds of sale sites.

Sirhr
I'm not on a ton of forums, but I've never seen one that allows the members to change their usernames on their own.

Reactions: Bender
This place runs on Xenforo right? Change username is a permission, it should be able to be turned off easy.
The scammers aren't changing names after the fact. They find who they want to impersonate from a PX ad then create the account right then.
I've reported or given the legit user a heads up on bunches of them, sometimes within minutes of creation when I spot one.

The scammers aren't changing names after the fact. They find who they want to impersonate from a PX ad then create the account right then.
I've reported or given the legit user a heads up on bunches of them, sometimes within minutes of creation when I spot one.

Just like shoplifters, they lurk in the darkest corners and try to move around unseen until they spot what they want and make a grab for it. ONE, just ONE of these shit-eaters, who impersonated longstanding member MCAMERON, actually had the balls to reply to a political thread in the Pit. Was a fucking leftist and Trump-hater too.

I caught one by chance when I was scrolling down last month and saw a newly registered member with a suspiciously almost identical name to another member and called it out. Now I scroll down to the bottom "new members joined" toolbar every time I browse around out of habit.