• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics SCAM ALERT - Fraud on a SB PM II 5-25x56 on Armslist (and more?)...

GT40MkI

Texas
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2011
West of DFW, Texas
Not sure where best to post but would love for this to get max exposure (mods please move or delete as necessary)- someone is using my pictures to sell a scope he doesn't have. Had a guy contact me through facebook after a venmo payment went to the "seller" on this listing. He used (704)565-0381 when working with the buyer, and (517)816-2313 when acting like a buyer with me.

If you're buying a PMII and the seller claims their name is Sean Gibson it's probably the same guy. Stay safe out there, thanks Hide for keeping us safe!

Last edited:
18A996BE-2648-4E8F-86B4-20AEBD40C89B.png

It’s been taken down.

Reactions: Empr_Hadrian
@lowlight feel free to delete - I just know this is the biggest group of good guys and wanted to put out a PSA...like @buskin said I'm 95% certain they pulled the photos and stuff from here to create their scam. Not sure if there is a good way to prevent that. Appreciate all you do!

Reactions: Russ B
So what methods do you fellas recommended for vetting before you buy? I'm in Ohio and can't usually drive. What precautions do you guys use?

mine is also on there... my wallet was stolen a while back and my photo is popping up selling a nightforce scope. If someone named Brian Ross from Charlotte is trying to sell you a scope (or anything else) and will not meet face to face, DO NOT BUY!

Not sure if there is a good way to prevent that. Appreciate all you do!
On other unrelated sites, FS pics need to have the member's handle (on that site) and date on a piece of paper with the item for sale. Not a guarantee against this type of thing, but it does help a good bit, IMO.

Reactions: Empr_Hadrian