• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scam Alert! I got a text "Final day you can get a Concealed Carry Gun Certificate Permit”

kennyg

Minuteman
Apr 27, 2011
USA
I am sure no one here would be stupid enough to click on a link like this; just wondering if any of you got a similar text recently?

Attachments

• B9C3538B-79C2-46D8-B8DC-A65BDA8269A0.png
    B9C3538B-79C2-46D8-B8DC-A65BDA8269A0.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Haha
Reactions: Boon20
Not that one but off and on I've been getting something similiar trying to act like its from UPS.

The weird thing is, a few of them had my first name on it so that has me thinking, someone along the line in UPS is selling the info to the scammers. I started paying attention to it and anytime I'd send something UPS, 2-3 days later I'd get a message.

Was usually something like Hello, XXX, we found your missing package. Please go to this link (shady weird link included) to claim it.

After responding with 'go die in a fire' a few times, I stopped getting them.

Got one as well! I also qualified for the 1 million dollar sweepstakes!

Got it from several different numbers over two days. The first message came Christmas morning.