• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Scammed Alert

Stonepoint

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2021
Texas
Well, I guess it was bound to happen at some point. I started a thread on here in search of a Manners EH1 stock and received a message from someone who's name I can't recall other than "sam" and then there were several numbers behind the name. Funny thing is now that user is gone and my messages to him are gone along with him. Long story short the guy he put me in contact with sends pics of the stock and has yet to ship the so called stock that he has. After having enough of the excuses I asked to have him refund the money I had sent him and I'm being Ghosted. Anyways, I made some rookie mistakes that will never be made again. Keep your transactions on any online platform tight to the vest guys because the world we are living in is full of crooks.

Reactions: Dolomite
Did you report it?

That scenario (“contact so and so at whatever email or phone no, etc” ) has been played out here and elsewhere over and over again.

Sorry you got taken but its a well known method scammers use to dupe folks.

Where do I report it? I messaged the contact us on Sniper Hide to try and find the user that suggested but unfortunately I don't have the name of the user that suggested. I do although have phone numbers, e-mails and names that are a part of it.

Yea that is where my rookie move was made. I typically verify with a phone call and try to work out a deal to ensure that we both get what we are wanting. Stupid. Im just kicking myself in the Arse.

Use the “Report” button to inform the mods of anything suspect, posts etc. phone no, email addresses may be helpful and the site admins may be able to use them to scrub against the site records, find a match and ban the account holder.

It seems like there is a trend in this forum of people being scammed by people "putting them in contact with another person".

Yea, That will be the last time for me.

Unfortunately I don't have an account to report. The message that was sent to me is no longer in my inbox and the user doesn't come up in any of the searches for a user with the name sam.

So another friend of a friend of my cousins brother's uncle has a watchamajigger for sale for dirt cheap thread....

Not making fun of your loss, but if you post a WTB ad you better be prepared for the onslaught of scammers. This has been played out over and over and over. Every week there is another post that reads just like this one and its been going on for quite awhile.

Reactions: supercorndogs
mtang45 I get it, I know your not making fun, its a shit sandwich but I can't say it wasn't my fault. I just hate a thief more than anyone could imagine. Sad deal that the world is the way it is in certain circumstances.

nn8734 That could be it but for some reason my mind has a 0 and 8 in the name. Just simply going off of memory.