• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scammed by jwesco

TxShoalPatrol

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2024
Friendswood, TX
Don't do business with jwesco. He's been a member since '06 but with very few posts.

Dude got me on a zelle scam. Took a pic of an action I was buying with my name written next to it and everything for me. Then after a few days I email him for status and he says his baby was just born so he couldn't ship it yet. Also said he sold the action cheaper than he meant to and that he wants another $100 to cover that and shipping. Obviously I refused and told him I need a tracking number or a refund. Then he disabled his Zelle email before I logged in to request payment. Don't be like me 👍

I reported him.

Last edited:
34711862-9D97-4E7B-9C06-1E53AB75D2A7.jpeg

Theres a lot of scams going on. Yesterday alone I was contacted by 3people with no posts and new accounts about an ad that was months old.

Most likely his account was hacked since his last reply was back in 2011. You got scammed by someone other than him, he's probably not even aware.

This is a huge reason I turned on the dual factor authentication using the google authenticator. And it logs me out every 30 days. I wish a lot more websites would use it. I just turned it on with Paypal and I believe when I created a new IRS account a few weeks ago...

Would it be via your WTB ad?

Most likely his account was hacked since his last reply was back in 2011. You got scammed by someone other than him, he's probably not even aware.
Probably this.

Someone, probably some streetshitter in India, hacked my AOL business email from over twenty years ago when I still used dial-up and was pestering my old contacts from the last century. Only way I learned about it was a friend mentioned he was getting scam ads with my old AOL email address, which he just deleted.