• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback SCAMMER ALERT BIGHEART100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric32

USAF
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 14, 2011
    Tennessee
    @bigheart100 you are caught stop your scams.

Just wanted to give you guys a heart's up answered my WTB AD for a QDP-4002.

I did report his account but no action was seen soo I am posting this up.

Got this picture as proof
    12-05-2021 3 (10).jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-123413_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20211206-123413_Chrome.jpg
      172.5 KB · Views: 395
    • Screenshot_20211206-123403_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20211206-123403_Chrome.jpg
      144.6 KB · Views: 361
    • Screenshot_20211206-123356_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20211206-123356_Chrome.jpg
      163.1 KB · Views: 380
    Last edited:
    damn i looked at the picture and never noticed the big ass shovel and pitch fork there. now that i look at it again they are pretty big lol

ok - I am dense. Am I getting this? You suspected it was a fake sale (for me USPS MO is a no-no). Asked him to prove he actually had the mount by taking a specific picture with a spoon and fork. And you can tell the spoon and fork added in are fake?

Reactions: Eric32
    The language in the chat session attached to the OP is very strange. Familiar voice mixed with formal voice. And no woman would talk like that to a man.

Good catch.

Google "QDP-4002" and go to images. Whatever their AI does... it definitely picks up text in pictures. You will find one of the exact photos used *WITHOUT THE SPOON AND FORK*

Check the gallery he is stealing pics from.

Having them put in items into the photo is easy for them to do. Instead... for Scopes, have them dial to specific elevation and mag settings. Flip caps up and or down or combo of both. Mounts have them put ring caps on or off and different orientation. Or one screw in and others out. One lever flipped on QD mounts, etc. Things like that they won't be able to do without the product in hand. Adding stuff like silverware is much easier for these scammers to do.

A safe bet is to just ignore anyone with a low to no post count and / or low to know feedback and / or joined within the year and has one or more of the above.
    sound good, but we've also had some hidester's long-time accounts hacked so unfortunately post count/time on forum can't be fully trusted.

The same thing happened to me. And it sounds like possibly the same person based on the language used.

Username Greeny311

“Hello buddy, I have a Leupold Mark6 3-18 T3 rectile laying around collecting dust, Text me here is best 408 214 9128 , I get lot of spam calls and leave phone in the truck but check text . Thanks”

I texted him and He provided a picture with a hand written note that looked legit but he was way too persistent

Call them on the phone and talk guns and hunting. Its a blast. Last buyer I talked to we ended up talking for two hours.

I barely talk to my best friend of 20 years for more than 10 minutes a week. No way in hell am I talking to anyone on the phone that long.

Well, 2 minutes and you'll know they are more legit than a chat exchange. PRS is small enough to know someone who knows someone.

He answered a WTB ad from me and tried to sell me a Mark 6 1-6. No feedback anywhere. Said the only forum he belonged to was the Hide. I backed out. He sent a pic of his DL next to the scope. I'll see if I can dig it up. Lexi something er other was on the DL.

Me too, what's wrong with USPS money order??
    I think that's and old wives tale. I would think the best way to cover your ass is by using PP G&S. I've never heard of anyone getting busted for Money Orders, unless they were actually making forgeries.

i've always thought, perhaps naively, that with anything electronic (pp, venmo, etc), there's a risk of it being somehow reversed.

i've always thought, perhaps naively, that with anything electronic (pp, venmo, etc), there's a risk of it being somehow reversed.
    There is, but it’s uncommon in F&F.

Avalanche09 used the same verbiage as your scammer. Joined 2 months ago and has a private profile. Definitely a scammer

Yea. He would have gotten me. This shit is getting ridiculous. I'm going to start getting dudes to send a video of the shit I'm buying with them stating my name followed by a rendition of the Gettysburg Address.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: DIBBS and Eric32
    Maybe he's just levitating the spoon and fork.

Y'all mofos need to start leaving feedback on people when you buy and sell. I know some folks are buying and selling way more than they are given feedback for.

People say this on all these posts and no one does it lol

I think that's and old wives tale. I would think the best way to cover your ass is by using PP G&S. I've never heard of anyone getting busted for Money Orders, unless they were actually making forgeries.

PP use policy prohibits the folllowing:

“(j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories”

Written broad as shit on purpose so they can be judge, jury, and executioner when disputes arise.

I wouldn’t rely on good and services policy to cover losses for anything remotely related to enjoying the second amendment

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a scam

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    I also noticed that there is a reflection of a tree on the spoon - highly unlikely that this was photographed indoors next to the sale item!!

This is what he sent me...
    11-27-2021 4 (10) (1).jpg

Something just felt really off. Glad I didn't get scammed.

Reactions: Oldloser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.