• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Scammer alert LADSNIPE beware

Smack308

NightHunter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2018
Georgia
Ladsnipe got me for a 1000$ dollars. I tried to purchase a DBAL-A3 off him. We worked a deal I sent him money via Venmo which was not my first choice. He said is PayPal was frozen, from a firearms purchase. More than likely it was from scamming m1ajunkie for a NF ATACR last week. Ladsnipe never sent me any tracking or verification of shipment. I should have received the item last Wednesday. He ghosted me for 5 days then made contact with me this morning still no shipping info…said USPS lost it. He declined my Venmo refund transaction. Gave him my phone number and he never had reached out to me…

I’ve been a member on here for a long time mostly just acquiring information and looking to see what’s for sale. The last few months I bought and sold a few items, some very expensive and others not. I’ve had very good results it’s a great community too bad a crapy select few have to steal their money. One thing I have noticed NOT a lot of people leave positive feedback even after I have left one for them after a positive deal. It’s hard to built a good reputation if people don’t help out after great communication and honesty..
Good luck and watch out

Stick with GunBroker, you’re safer. even though I’ve been a member on here for many years, I don’t have any feedback either. All my feedback is on Gunbroker with 60+. With that said, I’m into Knights stuff now and have been approached several times, by people that I deemed scammers. I never put anything up here because there was no money ever exchanged.

Reactions: mik03crayon
Just a suggestion. Since I consider myself a new member, and have only a few deals under my belt. Most new members might not know how to leave positive feedback. So, what I have done is ask them if they know how to leave feedback and would they please do so, since I’m doing my best to build my standing in the community. If they, say no, I don’t know how to do that. I simple do a short little screen capture video of how to leave feedback, then send them the link. It’s works and they are always appreciated.

I’ve had good luck on LRH and AS sites, only made a few purchases on this site. Sorry that happened to you, compete BS that this happens to honest people.

Reactions: Busyhawk
Stick with GunBroker, you’re safer. even though I’ve been a member on here for many years, I don’t have any feedback either. All my feedback is on Gunbroker with 60+. With that said, I’m into Knights stuff now and have been approached several times, by people that I deemed scammers. I never put anything up here because there was no money ever exchanged.
Scammers are active on gunbroker too. Gunbroker can’t do anything other than ban them after the fact (Gunbroker’s not even good at dealing with shill bidders).

Ladsnipe got me for a 1000$ dollars. I tried to purchase a DBAL-A3 off him. We worked a deal I sent him money via Venmo which was not my first choice. He said is PayPal was frozen, from a firearms purchase. More than likely it was from scamming m1ajunkie for a NF ATACR last week. Ladsnipe never sent me any tracking or verification of shipment. I should have received the item last Wednesday. He ghosted me for 5 days then made contact with me this morning still no shipping info…said USPS lost it. He declined my Venmo refund transaction. Gave him my phone number and he never had reached out to me…

I’ve been a member on here for a long time mostly just acquiring information and looking to see what’s for sale. The last few months I bought and sold a few items, some very expensive and others not. I’ve had very good results it’s a great community too bad a crapy select few have to steal their money. One thing I have noticed NOT a lot of people leave positive feedback even after I have left one for them after a positive deal. It’s hard to built a good reputation if people don’t help out after great communication and honesty..
Good luck and watch out
Did you at least exchange numbers before you paid?

Just a suggestion. Since I consider myself a new member, and have only a few deals under my belt. Most new members might not know how to leave positive feedback. So, what I have done is ask them if they know how to leave feedback and would they please do so, since I’m doing my best to build my standing in the community. If they, say no, I don’t know how to do that. I simple do a short little screen capture video of how to leave feedback, then send them the link. It’s works and they are always appreciated.
The only thing that matters, other than thanks for the warning, is did you report him by using the report button?

^^^ this right here. No matter the dollar amount I always get a phone number and offer mine as well on the first pm asking for a phone call and text message. I’ve never had a bad transaction doing this, I usually spend 10 to 15 minuets shooting the shit with the guy before any money is exchanged. After that all communication is through text besides updating posts to sold or spf on either end.

Thanks for the heads up, and sorry you got taken for so much! Is it me, or has there been a HUGE uptick in scammers in like the last month or so?? I'm relatively new here too, and have been trying to play by the rules, giving feedback and being a good citizen (buyer and seller), all based on my interactions and recommendations by the good peeps here.

Been selling on gunbroker for over 15 years. Upto about 18 months ago I could claim hundreds and hundreds of perfect transactions. A whole bunch of trades completely based upon trust. In the last 18 months Ive had a whole bunch of people buying stuff than claiming their accounts were hacked. and have had quite a few shady scammers. Just gotta protect yourself. Ask all the right questions. And if it dont smell right, stick to your gut feelings and instincts.
Gettin scammed sucks. once this world collapses lets hunt scammers. itll be great. Alot of this world needs a course correction. Being a shitty person should have consequences.

This has been said so many times on here but I suppose it needs to be said again. IF YOU DONT KNOW THE PERSON YOU ARE DEALING WITH, THERE ARE A FEW EASY THINGS YOU CAN DO TO ALL BUT BE SURE YOU DON'T GET SCAMMED.

1. Do not deal with people who don't have a decent amount of feedback.(ask the other guy to leave you feedback after a deal and they will)
2. See when the person joined (if it's a month or less, bail out).
3. Talk to the person on the phone at min, video call is far better and a must for anything of high value.

Do these 3 things and you won't get scammed. It's easy to tell if they are legit if you actually talk to them. If you have doubts, bail out!

For very high value items I require a DL photo. If the DL photo and info doesn't match up where they want me to send it, NO GO. Some take issue with this but if you can do a deal for thousands of dollars with the guy, you can trust them with a DL photo as well as to delete it when finished with transaction. It's not some huge risk anyway, all the DMV info has been hacked at one time or another anyway so there's no reason to fear this.

Gettin scammed sucks. once this world collapses lets hunt scammers. itll be great. Alot of this world needs a course correction. Being a shitty person should have consequences.
We should hunt them from horseback along with politicians, lawyers, and divorced women over 35.

Also, the hunts need to be filmed and widely publicized so all the world can see what end will come to those who think it’s sport to take advantage of others had work.

man screw Gunbroker... I wish I had the money back that gunbroker TOOK from me over the years , for using thier crappy system.... I have had NOTHING but great exsperiences since using the Hide for trading/selling items..

Sorry to say it but GB is a scam, they don't deserve the prices they charge for a sale and provide NO way to get compensation or sale resolution.

Reactions: acloco
Why does this keep happening? Here are some helpful tips:

1) Check the person’s sales transaction feedback. If that transaction feedback is blocked by the account holder - then pass until they unlock it.

2) Does the person have positive feedback? Then click on the people that have left them feedback. If those people are recently opened accounts AND the person trying to sell you something is relatively new or few posts - don’t go forward.

It’s tragic when someone is hosed any amount, but a $1,000 or $5k loss, yikes, it takes many perfect transactions after losing that kind of money to just get back to break even, if ever.

I have missed out on some good deals here because I go through a minimum of four checks when considering a buy here and I won’t go forward if all of the checks don’t pass. Yes, I have seen someone else take that risk that I would not and it has worked out and they got a good deal. Maybe three of my four checks are good and the fourth is questionable - I just don’t do it and I haven’t gotten burned and I have missed some good deals. I’ll miss a few, to not get hosed at all.

Some people just take careless risks and the scammers love them for it.

I’m new here and this thread reminds me to leave positive feedback to the couple of folks who have bought b from me. Honestly, I don’t know how to do that.

I also need to learn hot to update my post to flash as SOLD.

Although I am new to trading in here, I never have an issue with whatever checks someone needs to feel comfortable. I’ve definitely had folks call me and chat before and I’ll happily do video chats.

I always pm my phone number and work contact along with my online company bio.

Good thread!

I’m new here and this thread reminds me to leave positive feedback to the couple of folks who have bought b from me. Honestly, I don’t know how to do that.

Although I am new to trading in here, I never have an issue with whatever checks someone needs to feel comfortable. I’ve definitely had folks call me and chat before and I’ll happily do video chats.

Good thread!
To add feedback is easy. Just click there screen name and it has a tab for add feed back.

Reactions: 300PRC
While there are no guarantees, insisting on a quick video call seeing the person and the item, is a good way for both buyers and sellers to get at least a pretty good idea of what is up or not.

Good thread!
Click on name ans hit "add feedback"

To mark sold- edit the thread , not the post in the thread. That will allow you to put "Sold" in front of the title on the post.

Good thread!

Click on name ans hit "add feedback"

To mark sold- edit the thread , not the post in the thread. That will allow you to put "Sold" in front of the title on the post.
Another way to mark an item as sold is to edit the very first post in the thread, your original listing post. That also allows you to edit the title.

Been selling on gunbroker for over 15 years. Upto about 18 months ago I could claim hundreds and hundreds of perfect transactions. A whole bunch of trades completely based upon trust. In the last 18 months Ive had a whole bunch of people buying stuff than claiming their accounts were hacked. and have had quite a few shady scammers. Just gotta protect yourself. Ask all the right questions. And if it dont smell right, stick to your gut feelings and instincts.

"
"it dont smell right, stick to your gut feelings and instincts."

^^^^ Spot On ^^^

That really sucks, sorry you hear your misfortune.

I’ve only made one purchase here and it was for a moderately pricey item. Gentleman I dealt with for that was great no issue whatsoever.

Looking for our leaving feedback here leaves a lot to be desired. You have to hunt for either.

I’ve bought off gunbroker and don’t care for it at all. I’ve been on arfcom for almost 20 years and have around 180 feedback all positive even though there’s been more sales or purchases than that. Feedback there is easy. It shows with the username and avatar.

Good luck and watch out
Post all the info you have on him

Reactions: mik03crayon