• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Scammer Alert using similar account name- .tex68w

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 10, 2017
    And yet again we have another scammer attempting to defraud users with an account name similar to a well known account (mine) with a period before it. The scammer account is @.tex68w, be careful. It was brought to my attention when a buyer of one of my items was contacted by the scammer with a paypal request from a SH account and paypal account that are obviously not mine (see screen shot of his PM's with the other member). I haven't had any interaction with the scammer so I can't report him and the account has no posts or feedback either (obvious red flag). I've asked the other member to please report the account. Stay vigilant fellas, it appears there are tons of Sierra Bravos out there.

LlFAJJM.png

did you Report it

Read my post. I can't report him if I've had no PM's with the account. I've asked the member who received the PM's from the scammer account to report it.

Just a heads up, it’s on the users profile page.

View attachment 8332665

Again, I don't have access to that. The screen shot is from another user who was attempting to buy one of my listed items. The scammer messaged him, not myself, so I can't hit the 'report' button if I don't have a PM exchange with him. I asked the user who was in contact with the scammer and provided that screen shot to please report the account.

I tried tagging that user in this post and it’s as if the user name no longer exists as it doesn’t auto populate after the @ symbol.

Reactions: tex68w
    Again, I don't have access to that. The screen shot is from another user who was attempting to buy one of my listed items. The scammer messaged him, not myself, so I can't hit the 'report' button if I don't have a PM exchange with him. I asked the user who was in contact with the scammer and provided that screen shot to please report the account.

I hit the “report” button for ya, noted “scam account”

Reactions: tex68w
    I tried tagging that user in this post and it’s as if the user name no longer exists as it doesn’t auto populate after the @ symbol.

I hit the “report” button for ya, noted “scam account”

Looks like mods got the bastard. 👍

View attachment 8332683

Good deal, thanks for the help. Glad the account is gone. Now onto the next one that'll take its place lol.