• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Scammer @dbnerd

Archer574

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
Southwest Michigan
@dbnerb is a scammer. I'm pretty sure he got me for my nox18. Just a heads up.it was my fault and I felt it coming after I shipped I noticed the address he had me send it to didn't match the PayPal address associated with the account. This will likely let them win the claim they just filed against me through PayPal. Oh well you live and you learn but he claimed his name was Henry Zhang Xu. The PayPal account was in supposedly his wife's name Aiming Xu.
Screenshot_20230404-184533_Messages.jpg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: BLEE and Trent A
Damn! Can you not re-route the shipment?

Reactions: 300PRC
So how does that work on the receiving end of the PayPal claim? What do they do to get their money back? I’ve never worried about shipping to someone until now

The guy had me send it to the address that was not listed on the account for PayPal. I didn't notice at 1st until after I shipped it. Then got that feeling when he stopped communicating. Then today I got the claim from PayPal stating they never received their item to the address listed on the account and that they thought I was trying to scam them. I sent insured signature required. Tracking said Henry signed for it but with coviod sometime ups leaves signature required packages without me signing for them at my door so who knows who sogned for it. It was my fault I didn't match the address up. But now I'm out 5k unfortunately.

• Wow
Reactions: tex68w
@dbnerb is a scammer. I'm pretty sure he got me for my nox18. Just a heads up.it was my fault and I felt it coming after I shipped I noticed the address he had me send it to didn't match the PayPal address associated with the account. This will likely let them win the claim they just filed against me through PayPal. Oh well you live and you learn but he claimed his name was Henry Zhang Xu. The PayPal account was in supposedly his wife's name Aiming Xu.
Screenshot_20230404-184533_Messages.jpg
Did you report this?

Yea I look at join date, activity, whether or not they are a paying/supporter member and feedback as well. Regardless, there have been a lot of scammers using hacked accounts of valid members here, it's certainly getting harder to trust these transactions beyond those from very well known and established members.

I hate to hear of your misfortune @Archer574, if you aren't covered by PayPal this will certainly be a tough one to swallow.

Reactions: Archer574
And the POS is looking at your profile (Brown2008). Hopefully this creep gets taken down hard.
This is the house associated with the address shown above: https://www.redfin.com/WA/Bellingham/1988-Edgefield-Dr-98229/home/15766549

Google his name, and see if it matches the address. If it does, then I suggest you call law enforcement in his town. (One of the first deals I ever did, on the ol' Sniper Country website, went bad because the lying sack of shit kept my USPS Money Order and didn't send the case of FGMM ammo as discussed. 7 weeks later, the police in his town -- Grand Blanc Township, MI -- had my money back. Detective Scott Rust, I salute you again!)

Last edited:
No, the owners live is Florida

Attachments

• 32EF123C-F7CD-4ADC-B450-02B3AB30BCF0.jpeg
    32EF123C-F7CD-4ADC-B450-02B3AB30BCF0.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 83
This warrants a trip to WA. Just kidding...
A while back I sold 49ers tickets on Craigslist and got paid by Paypal. Same thing happened, the address did not match. The turd claimed it was unauthorized use of his account and Paypal took the money from me. I am out the money and the tickets. Bummer. I know the customer/buyer protection is great but to a fault. I provided all the details with emails from the conversation about the deals but that did not help my case.

Good luck in your case sir.

Reactions: Lilfry
its fun to mess with them, and worth running down the possible leads, but several things tell me this aint this guys first rodeo...ip address pings in various remote locations, not at a home address, its from a computer not a phone, and the computer specs (ie operating system, graphics card, etc) are very dated so i assume its a cheap laptop from a pawn shop or similar and he will just throw it in the trunk and pull out a new one for a while. The house is possibly an airbnb or other type of investment property where the dude knows its safe to hang out, sign for a package and roll out...now, neighbors, doorbell cams etc, its def possible to identify, just depends on how much trouble its worth to you

Reactions: DIBBS
First up not to be a racist or anything, but... you selling stuff to the Chinese?

What I would do first thing like as in RIGHT NOW is get in contact with the police that service the delivery address.
Find out who handles their fraud and internet / mail order / scam fraud stuff and give them all the details you can and see what they say.

A lot of these folks use drop houses where someone is paid (or thinks they are doing their Nigerian boyfriend a favour) and gets the packages, holds them and then forwards them to another address. (Yes I know from having talked to the police about it over company orders stuff).
Chances are if they get there soon enough, they might put a stop to it.

Also this is why some of us don't exactly like the whole PP G&S business because well, we know exactly how easy it is for a "buyer" to scam you.

That being said, dispute it with PP to the max and show them all the messages the person sent you.
Also send them the signature proof of delivery if available.

But get in contact with the police in the area and possibly the ones in your area.

its fun to mess with them, and worth running down the possible leads, but several things tell me this aint this guys first rodeo...ip address pings in various remote locations, not at a home address, its from a computer not a phone, and the computer specs (ie operating system, graphics card, etc) are very dated so i assume its a cheap laptop from a pawn shop or similar and he will just throw it in the trunk and pull out a new one for a while. The house is possibly an airbnb or other type of investment property where the dude knows its safe to hang out, sign for a package and roll out...now, neighbors, doorbell cams etc, its def possible to identify, just depends on how much trouble its worth to you
I'd say it's not about fun. It's worth $4.8K of trouble.

I'd say it's not about fun. It's worth $4.8K of trouble.
fun was in regards to my pms to him last few minutes pointing out how much I enjoy the trails and locations his IP address pinged at...if it were me I would contact owners of house, figure out the status, find neighbors contact information and neighborhood fb page etc, find someones doorbell video from the time of ups documented delivery and start connecting pieces of information.

Reactions: BurtG and DIBBS
The guy had me send it to the address that was not listed on the account for PayPal. I didn't notice at 1st until after I shipped it. Then got that feeling when he stopped communicating. Then today I got the claim from PayPal stating they never received their item to the address listed on the account and that they thought I was trying to scam them. I sent insured signature required. Tracking said Henry signed for it but with coviod sometime ups leaves signature required packages without me signing for them at my door so who knows who sogned for it. It was my fault I didn't match the address up. But now I'm out 5k unfortunately.
UPS is no longer leaving pkgs without a signature at time of delivery. It's the wrong process of the driver is. We stopped that some time ago. All signature required packages need to be signed for in person. If the recipient is not home the PKG may be rerouted to an approved Access point in the area for the customer to pick up there.

All pkgs we deliver get a scan on them. It leaves a digital mark where the PKG was scanned and stop completed with a visual of the street and mark of the house and surrounding houses.

UPS has all the Intel you should need to show the PKG was delivered to the address you sent it to.

Pm me, I will do what I can to help get you the proper Intel and images you need.

Aiming xu

4252 thunder twice st las vegas nv

Las Vegas, NV 89129

This is the address listed in the PayPal that said they didn't receive the package and is filing the claim.

Report the item as stolen with a police report if he claims he didn't receive it, if it goes through with PayPal which I want to believe they'll tell him to pound sand, you can then provide all the details and potentially have him arrested for theft by deception since it's easy to prove he received it through UPS nowadays.

Reactions: Mr. SAT and tex68w
UPS is no longer leaving pkgs without a signature at time of delivery. It's the wrong process of the driver is. We stopped that some time ago. All signature required packages need to be signed for in person. If the recipient is not home the PKG may be rerouted to an approved Access point in the area for the customer to pick up there.

All pkgs we deliver get a scan on them. It leaves a digital mark where the PKG was scanned and stop completed with a visual of the street and mark of the house and surrounding houses.

UPS has all the Intel you should need to show the PKG was delivered to the address you sent it to.

Pm me, I will do what I can to help get you the proper Intel and images you need.
Sweet story , but I know for a fact you are full of shit . Mark of the house and surrounding houses ? haha How about a mark of a tote hidden in the woods where packages are delivered . I hate bullshitters .

Sweet story , but I know for a fact you are full of shit . Mark of the house and surrounding houses ? haha How about a mark of a tote hidden in the woods where packages are delivered . I hate bullshitters .
You know for a fact? I love these kind of wake ups. I've already provided OP with the info.

I'll let him vouch for the info. Thanks for showing up to help. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: Andrew863 and Bean
ADDRESSES DONT MEAN ANYTHING!

They sit on the house and intercept the package or payment

It’s why when they ask for a money order with tracking it’s the biggest red flag in the world

But maybe his PayPal address means something. That’d be worth investigating

Report the item as stolen with a police report if he claims he didn't receive it, if it goes through with PayPal which I want to believe they'll tell him to pound sand, you can then provide all the details and potentially have him arrested for theft by deception since it's easy to prove he received it through UPS nowadays.
Don't listen to this guy. That would be highly illegal lol (filing a false police report - likely a felony in this case due to the value). It would be for the receiver to report stolen, not you. Only thing you (OP) could report is the fraud/larceny related to the money, not the item.

That sucks, sorry this happened to you. Word of advice is checking addresses given through a real property search. In his text he formatted the address wrong (red flag) and the name associated with the real spelling is drastically different.

Reactions: BurtG
Man that sucks, feel for you man. I always suspected that PP GS could screw over a seller. Scammer buyer gets goods, then makes a claim of some type. Seller gets screwed in the end.

BTW, isnt PP enforcing against anyone selling gun related items, or have they stopped doing that (freezing accounts and booting people off the site)? I also thought there was no protection on PP if they learned it was for gun related items. Maybe they've changed.

Hope you get your money back somehow.

Don't listen to this guy. That would be highly illegal lol (filing a false police report - likely a felony in this case due to the value). It would be for the receiver to report stolen, not you. Only thing you (OP) could report is the fraud/larceny related to the money, not the item.
You sure about that one? If it's 100% clear that you've been conned it's not a false report as it's a little thing called theft by deception as they received a item that can be proven via signature and GPS at drop-off and they never claimed it was stolen, BUT that could actually be a good route to go in asking buyer to file a police report and provide a case number, Amazon went to requiring this anytime a item of value was stolen and isn't a horrible idea, PayPal might even get behind this and would save hassle for OP

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Don't know if this would work but create a login on ups website using the address you sent it to then reroute the package to a ups store and give a good guy from here the tracking so they can grab it for ya?

When you do mail order sales for a living, you tend to find out about "buyer" scams before even the banks and credit cards become aware of the patterns.
Theft and fraud against sellers or merchants using "protections" afforded by credit card companies and payment processors causes staggering amounts of losses if you look at the complete numbers for the whole country over a year, and all that has to get eventually paid for by higher prices on actual consumers.

I've talked to the police on the phone about this exact same kind of situation
Someone bought stuff paying with Paypal / payment processor and then was like oh I need to change the ship to address and such because I made a mistake and such. In our case we run manual processing and order approval and can see all the orders coming in and caught it because the scammer was greedy and tried to put in similar orders from different accounts and then try to contact for each order to get the address changed.
So we sent decoy packages to the requested address.
Then a bit later we got a nice long phone call from the local police about how that was in fact a mule address and some lonely woman was doing her Nigerian lover a favour and getting packages for him of stuff he wanted sent to his family etc...

So what happened to the OP is not something new, in our case having someone send you a payment via a recallable service with a ship to address of NV and then asking you to ship to WA would have instantly put an immediate stop to everything unless they were a well known customer and we knew and verified their addresses and checked that the address was in fact one of their corporate addresses.
But if you are new and just happy to have made the sale, a lot of times you don't know all the scams.
Hence why PP G&S is a bit dangerous for sellers who don't understand the risks to use. (Even PP F&F you can get scammed on).

But all that to say, most likely the police know about this fraud type, it's been going on for years and is super common.
Mule use is very common. Don't expect the masterminds to be sitting there at the address getting the packages.
Some stupid idiot kid or loser might try it to get free stuff, but your one feels like a polished scam done by those that understand what they are doing.

Is there a reason he’s still active on here? OP did you use the report feature on the site?

When you do mail order sales for a living, you tend to find out about "buyer" scams before even the banks and credit cards become aware of the patterns.
Theft and fraud against sellers or merchants using "protections" afforded by credit card companies and payment processors causes staggering amounts of losses if you look at the complete numbers for the whole country over a year, and all that has to get eventually paid for by higher prices on actual consumers.

I've talked to the police on the phone about this exact same kind of situation
Someone bought stuff paying with Paypal / payment processor and then was like oh I need to change the ship to address and such because I made a mistake and such. In our case we run manual processing and order approval and can see all the orders coming in and caught it because the scammer was greedy and tried to put in similar orders from different accounts and then try to contact for each order to get the address changed.
So we sent decoy packages to the requested address.
Then a bit later we got a nice long phone call from the local police about how that was in fact a mule address and some lonely woman was doing her Nigerian lover a favour and getting packages for him of stuff he wanted sent to his family etc...

So what happened to the OP is not something new, in our case having someone send you a payment via a recallable service with a ship to address of NV and then asking you to ship to WA would have instantly put an immediate stop to everything unless they were a well known customer and we knew and verified their addresses and checked that the address was in fact one of their corporate addresses.
But if you are new and just happy to have made the sale, a lot of times you don't know all the scams.
Hence why PP G&S is a bit dangerous for sellers who don't understand the risks to use. (Even PP F&F you can get scammed on).

But all that to say, most likely the police know about this fraud type, it's been going on for years and is super common.
Mule use is very common. Don't expect the masterminds to be sitting there at the address getting the packages.
Some stupid idiot kid or loser might try it to get free stuff, but your one feels like a polished scam done by those that understand what they are doing.
Exactly, they know about this. Super common for drug shipments from the dark web or overseas. Buyer uses someone else’s address to distance them from the trail. Police show up and the owner of the address, or the name on the package, is just doing someone a favor, or in cases like this where they have tracking, they sit waiting for delivery and then are gone. I have wondered if this is part of the reason UPS doesn’t seem to be doing the live tracking anymore.

Exactly, they know about this. Super common for drug shipments from the dark web or overseas. Buyer uses someone else’s address to distance them from the trail. Police show up and the owner of the address, or the name on the package, is just doing someone a favor, or in cases like this where they have tracking, they sit waiting for delivery and then are gone. I have wondered if this is part of the reason UPS doesn’t seem to be doing the live tracking anymore.
They’re still doing live tracking. Just tracked my local UPS truck yesterday waiting for a barrel to arrive 😁

Reactions: jb0311
They’re still doing live tracking. Just tracked my local UPS truck yesterday waiting for a barrel to arrive 😁
Damn I wonder why I haven’t gotten that in at least a year. In the past at least 50% of my shipments had it and then it just seemed to stop. It was definitely super helpful.

Damn I wonder why I haven’t gotten that in at least a year. In the past at least 50% of my shipments had it and then it just seemed to stop. It was definitely super helpful.
It’s very helpful. I’ll be tracking the truck today again to sign for a can from Capitol Armory so I can meet it at my place. I also created a login on the UPS website so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Reactions: jb0311
It’s very helpful. I’ll be tracking the truck today again to sign for a can from Capitol Armory so I can meet it at my place. I also created a login on the UPS website so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Yeah I have the UPS choice or whatever it’s called. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the UPS hub that handles my deliveries. Maybe their trucks don’t have the tracking or something 🤷‍♂️
I’m mostly working from home now so no big deal but still, it would be nice lol. I also have a camera in my carport that lets me know when anything is dropped off.