• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scammer Flying_Gage Exposed James Moratti

foxhoundstarlight

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2022
Alabama
Found a scammer that I guess has been waiting 3 years to try to get someone on this. A friend suggested to me to buy this rifle, but check the linked post below. This scammer is stealing a man's identity and needs to be brought to justice. Lmk if you know how I might help this happen. See this AR15 forum thread below:

Was hoping this could stay up for when this person inevitably tries it on someone else and they might look up the name.

EDIT 12/10/23:
Removed picture of the guy because a man claiming to be the real James Moratti is apparently a longtime member on Sniper's Hide asked me to; I don't want to cause any harm and I get it. Like Cas6969 said, know the tip-offs and don't let anyone talk you out of doing the necessary checks and stuff you wanted. Having a name and a face does not mean they're real.

Attachments

• scammermessaging_2.jpg
    scammermessaging_2.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 120
  • scammermessaging_3.jpg
    scammermessaging_3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 115
  • scammermessaging_4.jpg
    scammermessaging_4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 119
  • scammermessaging_6.jpg
    scammermessaging_6.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Have you reported him to the moderators, using the report button on the bottom of the post? Please do.

Found a scammer that I guess has been waiting 3 years to try to get someone on this. A friend suggested to me to buy this rifle, but check the linked post below. This scammer is stealing a man's identity and needs to be brought to justice. Lmk if you know how I might help this happen. See this AR15 forum thread below:

Was hoping this could stay up for when this person inevitably tries it on someone else and they might look up the name.
Do you have a screen capture of the name (I can't see anything in the attached photos). Just PM it to me.