• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Scammer Piper907

338LM_Sniper

Supporter
Minuteman
  • This guy posted a NightForce NXS 2.5-10x42 with MilDot reticle on here earlier today for only $750 shipped. It was on the thread for 2 minutes and I posted that I would take it. 1 minute later he took the ad completely down and messaged me to send funds PayPal F&F. I sent him a PM and told him to text me as there were 2 conversations going on with the same topic. He told me that his cell phone would not turn on? (Really!!!!!) Than after he told me to send him PayPal he changed it to Zelle and told me if thats not okay that he would sell it to the next guy and move on? Very strange as he told me to send the funds via Zelle to a guy named Him? Whoever him happens to be???? And no cell phone number and also the NXS was priced Way too cheap. Now the conversation that we had has mysteriously disappeared?

Anyone else have issue with this Ass Clown? I worked LE for 21 years and I noticed many Red Flags with this Moron. I did't send him a dime as I knew that this was indeed a SCAM. His PayPal address that he eventually PM'd me was was very strange as well as it was [email protected] which to me means that you will not get anything. What a Fucking dirt bag.

I would Love 2 minutes alone with this POS as he would get the ass kicking that he deserves. BIG TIME!!!!!

Last edited:
    Well fucka me. Thought I had gotten a good deal on a Vyce. All seemed legit to me. Price wasn’t overly good. Legit tracking number and copy of label. Return address matched email which matched PayPal. Guys are getting pretty good. User had good amount of feedback and more than 43 messages.

Reactions: Itsadryheat
    I put a feedback warning on his profile after the prime 308 was posted and deleted several times from 7-8 eastern time using pics from an old FS post of 200 rounds for 275 shipped. Anyway, after I said ill take it, he deleted the post. then sent me 8 messages about 5 min apart asking for the money paypal F&F with no notes after I told him i was driving. email address was weird, [email protected] and the mukuhi part contained within it matched african email addresses i found. price was too good as well at 70 cents per round delivered for prime 308 when the going rate is about double or more so I backed out and messaged the guy who posted after me from the email notification I received before the post was deleted.

Last edited:
    Posting for him.

"I already did... please post this for me.

My account was hacked sometime last night... but to the dude who bought my 7-35atacr and the dude who bought my vyce... your stuff shipped out yesterday and you didnt get scammed... i never posted prime ammo or an NXS so i sure hope nobody got screwed. Hopefully i can get this figured out sooner than later."

Almost got me and some others on a Kate Moss stock for $90, I reached out to the guys ahead of me in line and we all got a different name and different PayPal addresses. His English was terrible and broken in every message then randomly I got one in great English cussing me out so I was super confused. Glad the hacked account is gone, I feel bad for the guy who bought the 7-35 ATACR and the original account owner.

Attachments

• 4A39069C-D740-40E0-B01B-A09E165C6A03.png
      4A39069C-D740-40E0-B01B-A09E165C6A03.png
      871.8 KB · Views: 152
    • 286BD2C9-FF0F-40CE-A000-ED2F940B7CE1.png
      286BD2C9-FF0F-40CE-A000-ED2F940B7CE1.png
      1,000.3 KB · Views: 147
    I always look at the sellers feedback and amount of posts and sales that the seller has done and that he is well established. Now with this hacked account nonsense it brings this buying guns and accessories to a New Level.

If the Deal seems too good to be true than it more than likely is a SCAM.

Posting for him.

"I already did... please post this for me.

My account was hacked sometime last night... but to the dude who bought my 7-35atacr and the dude who bought my vyce... your stuff shipped out yesterday and you didnt get scammed... i never posted prime ammo or an NXS so i sure hope nobody got screwed. Hopefully i can get this figured out sooner than later."
    That sounds like something a scammer would say...

• Haha
    Reactions: netranger6
    Pretty sure his account was hacked. I’ve bought a few things from him and he’s always been a straight up kind of guy…this is his actual PayPal email [email protected]
    His profile must have been hacked! I know this guy and He's definately legit. Have shot several matches next to him and talk to him all the time.

Time to enable 2FA on your accounts gents. Click your Name > Passwords & Security > Two-step authentication

Download the Google or Microsoft Authenticator (or another one if you hate both companies).

Every online account you have needs to be 2FA/MFA enabled.

My SH account was hacked... i have it back now.
    I dont know how this happened but i apologize to anyone that may have been effected.
    If you have left me negative feedback because of the adds posted by the scammer over the last 36 hours it would be awesome if you would consider taking it back.

Corson's a legit dude, have shot with him for many years and can vouch for him.

Bummer that his account got hacked, hope no one was taken advantage of.

Reactions: Piper907
    My SH account was hacked... i have it back now.
    I dont know how this happened but i apologize to anyone that may have been effected.
    If you have left me negative feedback because of the adds posted by the scammer over the last 36 hours it would be awesome if you would consider taking it back.

Did your email account get a password reset request for SH? I'm curious if they are taking hijacked emails and resetting user login info. Should change your email account password to be safe.

Corson's a legit dude, have shot with him for many years and can vouch for him.

Bummer that his account got hacked, hope no one was taken advantage of.
    After learning the real name I had fun and asked the scammer what his name was and he told me Carlpeters, and not to fuck with him:ROFLMAO:

guy posted a NightForce NXS 2.5-10x42 with MilDot reticle on here earlier today for only $750 shipped. It was on the thread for 2 minutes and I posted that I would take it. 1 minute later he took the ad completely down and messaged me to send funds PayPal F&F. I
    Same exact for me. I wondered why he took the thread down. I posted it was mine. Didn’t see your post.

No idea what happened in this case, but here are some pointers for general internet account security:

1. Don't reuse passwords.
    What usually happens is that someone reuses the same "secure" password across multiple sites and over multiple years. Then at some point that old vBulletin forum you joined to ask a single question about what part number you should use to replace the bad switch on your washing machine gets its' user database compromised. Then a program takes all those usernames and passwords and tries to log in to a giant list of sites. Successful logins are flagged for followup. Using a unique password for literally everything will fix that.

2. Do use a password manager. I have hundreds, maybe thousands of credentials stored in a password manager. I only have to know the password to that password manager, and I can sync the file across multiple devices. More on that in a minute.

3. Use a pass phrase to unlock your password manager instead of a complicated password. "mITUlu9rLOWDiyaHY1hw" is 119 bits, but "I am Marc and Frank's love child!" is much more secure at 127 bits. It's also easier to remember.

4. Don't save your passwords in some cloud-based service. This includes saving them in a browser like Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge or in an app like LastPass, which is cloud-based and has been compromised in the past. I have used KeePass for almost 15 years now and I keep using it because it's not cloud based. So how do I keep it synced across devices? Well for a long time I used cloud storage to do that, and I still recommend that for most people....just don't use the same password for your cloud storage (dropbox, google drive, onedrive, etc) as you do for your password manager. One additional, important note: Use an easy-to-remember pass phrase for your cloud storage, too, in the event you need to get in to it to retrieve your password database because you've lost access to your other devices. Like in a house fire. Note that I'm using the cloud storage service to store the encrypted database file that contains the passwords, not the passwords themselves. If someone hacks the dropbox account, they'd still have to break in to the keepass file. As long as you have a strong pass phrase protecting it, it's not likely those cybercriminals would be able to crack the keepass file. If they hack your lastpass, that's the ballgame.

5. Use two-factor authentication where you can, but be smart about it. Assume that Dmitri compromises your gmail account. If he hits the "reset password" button at your bank to get a new password sent to your gmail, does your two-factor code *also* go to that gmail account? If you use Google Authenticator, is it the same gmail account? If its a text message, is there a way to read your text messages via your gmail account? If the answer to any of those is "yes" then the two-factor authentication is just an inconvenience and not an actual security measure.

Yes, password hygiene is important. Credential stuffing is a common attack. But sometimes I think the focus is too great on picking the best password. Very few actors will bother to brute force your password. While you certainly should avoid reuse and the typical dictionary words. Be reasonable. 2FA is absolutely key and will do more for you security stance than a 2048 bit password. Yes it can be an inconvenience, and yes it can be done poorly. But if you choose a second factor, whether SMS or Authenticator then it will take a VERY sophisticated actor to compromise your account.

Any email account you have BETTER be 2FA/MFA protected as well as I'd be more concerned about that than your shooting forum profile integrity.

TLDR: Please enable 2FA/MFA on all your online accounts so that you've taken a reasonable step towards your cybersecurity posture.

He also used this email address [email protected]. I’m gonna take a break from all this grief until things are tightened up. I work too hard for my money to scammed by low life lazy mfers. Even when you do your due diligence you can still get had.

This guy posted a NightForce NXS 2.5-10x42 with MilDot reticle on here earlier today for only $750 shipped. It was on the thread for 2 minutes and I posted that I would take it. 1 minute later he took the ad completely down and messaged me to send funds PayPal F&F. I sent him a PM and told him to text me as there were 2 conversations going on with the same topic. He told me that his cell phone would not turn on? (Really!!!!!) Than after he told me to send him PayPal he changed it to Zelle and told me if thats not okay that he would sell it to the next guy and move on? Very strange as he told me to send the funds via Zelle to a guy named Him? Whoever him happens to be???? And no cell phone number and also the NXS was priced Way too cheap. Now the conversation that we had has mysteriously disappeared?

Anyone else have issue with this Ass Clown? I worked LE for 21 years and I noticed many Red Flags with this Moron. I did't send him a dime as I knew that this was indeed a SCAM. His PayPal address that he eventually PM'd me was was very strange as well as it was [email protected] which to me means that you will not get anything. What a Fucking dirt bag.

I would Love 2 minutes alone with this POS as he would get the ass kicking that he deserves. BIG TIME!!!!!
    How can we truck down losers like this for some quality time to discourage their rotten industry?

Then maybe advertise their battered bodies on Snipers Hide.

Almost got me and some others on a Kate Moss stock for $90, I reached out to the guys ahead of me in line and we all got a different name and different PayPal addresses. His English was terrible and broken in every message then randomly I got one in great English cussing me out so I was super confused. Glad the hacked account is gone, I feel bad for the guy who bought the 7-35 ATACR and the original account owner.
    Dude your battery life is giving me anxiety! 😖

Thanks guys! Glad all arrived safe and sound!
    Talk to a mod to update the title of this thread or the OP, I usually check for user names to see if issues have happened with the seller/buyer. If I saw the title of this post I would not deal with you.

just my two cents. Sorry this happened to you.