• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics SCAMMER: SHOOTUMDEAD

photo of the scumbag towards the bottom. i would imagine calling his employer would be ok. let them know who works for them.

Yeah, if he follows through with the deals, albeit late after being threatened to file charges, he probably won't be prosecuted.

If he still hasn't fulfilled deals then I'd recommend people get in contact with one another and file a police report with Ada County SO. They will likely have jurisdiction depending on where the suspect lives. I.C. (Idaho Code) 18-2403 can be vague in a sense and a lot of prosectuors that I work with try to pawn stuff like this off as civil matter cases. However I feel like this would be an easy enough case to move forward with charges if I was working it myself. Too bad I'm Northern Idaho.

Had one try to get me on here yesterday.
Gave me a cell number and then texted me a old internet photo from a guy I dealt with a few years ago. I called him out a d he quit responding.
1-346-264-2117 is the number.

• Wow
Reactions: goneballistic
Had one try to get me on here yesterday.
Gave me a cell number and then texted me a old internet photo from a guy I dealt with a few years ago. I called him out a d he quit responding.
1-346-264-2117 is the number.
Did you report the account so it can be banned?

Did you report the account so it can be banned?
Yes. I reported it and it he was gone. (Banned) So fast I couldn’t even remember his name! I got one or two private messages and then he texted me on my phone. Lol
It wouldn’t matter anyway, he was busted so he’s probably already got a new account or in the process.

Last edited:
Depending on the money sent, it may be worth taking a trip!

I’m my case, my experience got him busted. First, his account was a few days old and very vague, that’s a red flag! Moving a lot of optics the last few years has exposed me to a lot of photos and.... scammers. I just so happen to have spoke with the guy that was the original owner of the photo in the past about the exact scope this clown was trying to sell me. If it feels fishy I always pass, another opportunity always comes along

Last edited:
photo of the scumbag towards the bottom. i would imagine calling his employer would be ok. let them know who works for them.

Which one is he exactly

Doc

Same guy answers both phone numbers right now.

Yes. I reported it and it he was gone. (Banned) So fast I couldn’t even remember his name! I got one or two private messages and then he texted me on my phone. Lol
It wouldn’t matter anyway, he was busted so he’s probably already got a new account or in the process.

He was reported to the forum far earlier then that. There is a decent size group of us that have gotten our money back. His own brother called him a scammer when he was contacted.

Reactions: Gohring65
This is from last night. He gave me my money back on Monday night. That isn't stopping us from digging for info and using it to get others money back. I know of two people that are still owed money. If you are owed money PM me.

Screenshot_20210401-091316.png

Jake and Shannon is the brother and mom.

Last edited:
One note on these reports,

We get a lot of very vague, and sometimes self serving reports on people that makes you go, hmm, are they just trying to settle a score or dislike the person?

Please provide as much details as possible, I know we all work in shorthand lately, we see a lot of reports that say "scammer"

so then I have to check IP check history, maybe run the name through google. Instead giving us more detail would have lead me to banning this guy sooner but I wasn't 100% on the issue

Because reports are often "Hurt Feelings Reports" we are not automatic with our actions, we do look.

We get 10, 15 reports a day and 10 are more about the users feelings than an actual problem. We get them for swearing, for laughing at decisions etc, so details matter,

Thanks

Another new member scamming people in the PX what a surprise.

Have to wonder what percentage of the problems in the PX have to do with NEW members?
Somewhat fair, but I am a pretty new member and I'm not a scammer. But I also link people to other forums so they can see that I have a reputation there. Idk. You do have a point though, especially since covid.

See this is the problem you all created,

the exchange threads don't fly, the guy above, new member, no access, yet he is using the PX because you created loopholes that let NON Supporters post in the PX

As noted before, any Exchange Thread when found will be removed for this reason. Now if you want to Exchange powder in a Location you make a thread like normal and then add in the location in the title so people know

You can't have running threads in the PX it invites problems

See this is the problem you all created,

the exchange threads don't fly, the guy above, new member, no access, yet he is using the PX because you created loopholes that let NON Supporters post in the PX

As noted before, any Exchange Thread when found will be removed for this reason. Now if you want to Exchange powder in a Location you make a thread like normal and then add in the location in the title so people know

You can't have running threads in the PX it invites problems
I mean yes thats true. But I am also only here because I just found out about the removed supporter requirement. I was not before and still am not willing to pay a monthly subscription to access the PX. I totally understand what your saying, but there's two sides to the supporter thing.

But yes, the exchange threads completely exploit the non supporter not being able to sell thing.

Ok folks, I spent some time talking with his family earlier. This is a bad deal for them as well. He has stolen a lot from his family and family friends. This is all substance abuse related and the family has spent a lot of money at the nicest rehab facilities to no avail. Bottom line, those of us that have been scammed even if we have gotten our money back need to get together and see this through with Idaho cyber crimes. If you have been scammed please PM me.

Ok folks, I spent some time talking with his family earlier. This is a bad deal for them as well. He has stolen a lot from his family and family friends. This is all substance abuse related and the family has spent a lot of money at the nicest rehab facilities to no avail. Bottom line, those of us that have been scammed even if we have gotten our money back need to get together and see this through with Idaho cyber crimes. If you have been scammed please PM me.
You have my number so just lemme know what you need

I am confused, you sold him a scope without getting paid first ? and he is refusing to pay up?
He said quote, send me 350.00 and I will send you a NF 2.5-10x32 and once you get it and like it you can send me the remaining funds. I was like I am good with that, seemed reasonable... GUESS NOT!!!

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
To those that have had dealings with Reece, please pm me the story as well as any pictures he provided as well as your contact information.

Reactions: SniperBro
Sure looks alot like s guy I know here in KY. Was s bad dude. Done time for assault, 2nd degree assault, possession etc

Somewhat fair, but I am a pretty new member and I'm not a scammer. But I also link people to other forums so they can see that I have a reputation there. Idk. You do have a point though, especially since covid.
That's exactly what a scammer would say! 😄

I reported this guy as a possible scammer the day he joined, March 21. After reading lowlights post above I should have provided more details in the report. Short and simple won’t cut it. I know now for next time.

Reactions: goneballistic
I use the feedback system. But cant figure out how to see my own feedback

I use the feedback system. But cant figure out how to see my own feedback
Believe it shows in the PX

Just kidding it doesn't show by my name anymore and this is the PX....

So there is no way to see your own feedback?

When I click on someone's name I get option to add feedback. But when I click on my own or look into my acct I see nith g about my feedback