• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scammers are ACTIVELY scanning classifieds for an I'll take it

ToKeepAndBear

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
I posted an I'll take it for a Leica 2700b rangefinder posted by TxDerek.

Minutes after posting I'll take it, I receive a PM stating, "It's yours. What is your shipping address, send payment via F&F to gmail account, and reply with screen shot of payment."

The conversation was from .TxDerek with his unique Avatar photo and his location. Just before sending payment, I decided to look at it a bit more closely and realized that .TxDerek was not the same as TxDerek and had just joined the forum today!

I sent a reply message that "scammers are pieces of shit and I hope you all get what you deserve." The conversation was promptly deleted by .TxDerek.

Be careful out there,
TKAB

When I buy stuff. I still post "I'll take it" but I immediately send them a message before anyone else can inject themselves into the equation

Reactions: Holliday
63F70AF3-15CD-4026-BE29-BAD3E8B326D8.png

Why post "I'll take it" in the thread, given what you know about what has been going on around here lately?

For everyone reading this, and for whatever reason, not sure what to do when wanting to buy something:

Just PM the seller; post nothing in the thread itself.

Tuesday at 5:38 PM
@
lnsectguy

@lnsectguy

Private​

Minuteman

Jan 2, 2024 0 0 Chattanooga

Rating - 0%
0 0 0

Add Feedback

Today at 3:57 PM
$200
Paypal F&F/Zelle
[email protected]
Send me a screenshot when sent

This is the same scammer that copied insectguys account
@ToKeepAndBear and @knuckleballz : Are you guys reporting these scammers? If not, REPORT them!

Frank has said numerous times to report the scammers ASAP and that threads like these only cause more aggrevation and work for the admins-just fyi

yes, reported and banned within minutes, but obviously still able to create copycat accounts quickly