• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Scammers 'erywhere!

Same here, got hit by two different scammers with username as you describe - ever so slight difference. I'm going change my tactics too.

Don't post "I'll take it". Just PM the original poster.

This is the only forum I’ve been on where some sellers make you post an I’ll take it on the thread. And thread posts trump all other comms.

A few other forums have minimum post limits and/or accumulating time until you can make subsequent posts. A simple yet effective way to deter those with malicious intent. Especially those who just create new accounts similar to the seller and try to scalp sales.

I understand that lowlight and crew don’t care for the PX to begin with, but there are some obvious changes that could be made to counteract the shitheads.

This is the only forum I’ve been on where some sellers make you post an I’ll take it on the thread. And thread posts trump all other comms.
This place used to be a lot different than it is now. The traffic in the PX used to be fucking insane. Shit would get claimed in seconds of being posted. You had to be a straight fucking hyena to get some things. That’s where the “I’ll take it” stems from here. It was the most simple way to determine who got the shit. It worked perfectly…..and still does. I dislike other forums and subs because they don’t use the “I’ll take it” method.

Here’s my idea:

PX is only visible after you pay a small one-time fee ($5 or whatever). Obviously being a supporter gets access as well. If the scammers can’t see the threads, they won’t know who to DM and it will get quite expensive for them to create new accounts after getting banned over and over.

Same thing happened to me a. Couple of days ago.

Neat!

I'd pay $5 to scam you out of $1500
Would also make a lot more work for a handful of people with very little upside.

Free bump! TTT

Reactions: Im2bent
Interdasting his posts disappeared was expecting to see banned.

Reactions: TV308
Or post I’ll take it, and immediately PM the actual seller, don’t wait on them to PM.
Then when you get the fakes sending you messages, report their ass.
This is what I did, I've bought from Ken several times. I know his email. So I knew this guy was spam immediately.

Reactions: Jeremyhunter
Y'all giving me a heart attack FJB just sold me an impact action... Right? Uh oh.
I just traded a scope to him and received it today. I asked him the other day if he had any actions for sale and he said he just sold one. I think you’re good to go.

Haha this mofo too! @sfok39 fuck you son! Scamming piece of shit!
Screenshot_20231221_161718_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: brettb614
When the scammer sent me their email, I sent a dic pic. They sent me $20 not to send another. It's a tough life, but ammo ain't cheap.
I approve.

Incidently, another fun pastime once you have their email address or phone number is signing them up for FEMA notifications, the Jehovah Witness newsletter, and a Craigslist ad that reads, "Goats - free to good home"

Just posted an I'll take it, and I get a DM From an account 1 character off of the original poster(who I've done business with in past @FJBPrecision) the dm I received was from @.FJBPrecision. Obviously a fn scammer. I hate POS mfers like this.
Wait until they use white font for the dot................

Highlight everything to make sure no hidden characters too.....

This forum used the minimum post method for years. I think it proved a pain in the ass. Most successful has been when Frank just made PX selling limited to paid accounts. Obviously this latest scam gets around that. One thing Frank does try to remind us of. He says the scammers are not a person, but organized international crime rings. Email addresses are used once and disposable. Making a post warning of a individual isn't very useful. He says the best thing is to report the suspicious post with the report button, then he can track and block the IP.

Downtown nailed it "Don't post "I'll take it". Just PM the original poster" I call the seller and ask if he is at home and then I ask for a picture of his Driver License along with a CURRENT UTILITY BILL with the understanding I will only send a USPS money order to that name, & address. I have yet to have seller refuse that method of transaction

Downtown nailed it "Don't post "I'll take it". Just PM the original poster" I call the seller and ask if he is at home and then I ask for a picture of his Driver License along with a CURRENT UTILITY BILL with the understanding I will only send a USPS money order to that name, & address. I have yet to have seller refuse that method of transaction
People still get bills in the mail? If I see a box of 500 berger 105 hybrids for sale for $250 or less, you bet your whole ass I'm posting "I'll take it" and sending that $250 via PayPal friends and family to the first email address I see afterwards.

People still get bills in the mail? If I see a box of 500 berger 105 hybrids for sale for $250 or less, you bet your whole ass I'm posting "I'll take it" and sending that $250 via PayPal friends and family to the first email address I see afterwards.
My buddy in California has those for sale, email him at [email protected]. Respond promptly before they’re all gone, and he will kindly send them.

• Haha
Reactions: -Claybuster-
I just scored 4 boxes from Euro optic last week for $230ea, they're coming back!

Damn. I live an hour from Euro Optic. They do seem to have a bunch of stuff in stock more often than most, but I must have missed that one.

I think making a 24-48hr period after registering to be able to post or PM would help solve the issue.

Or post I’ll take it, and immediately PM the actual seller, don’t wait on them to PM.
Then when you get the fakes sending you messages, report their ass.
Exact scenario yesterday. I posted PM sent on listing then got this.. I still do not see the difference in user name but the PM I got back did not line up with what I sent. I reported and I gues they got the boot. Posting an ad on craigslist now for free shit with that email address.
IMG_2082.png

Exact scenario yesterday. I posted PM sent on listing then got this.. I still do not see the difference in user name but the PM I got back did not line up with what I sent. I reported and I gues they got the boot. Posting an ad on craigslist now for free shit with that email address.View attachment 8303060
The “L” is a capital “I.”