• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scammers, I am seriously over the members with this

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Guys,

Again, today, more emails of people who were scammed and still said nothing until it was too late.

If you post a WTB post on here, banned, end of story, do not pass go, I am removing you, if you are too stupid to handle it, you can't have it. In fact I will edit the welcome message today

Next, the Report Button, How fucking hard is it to hit report. Especially on the Private Messages where the guys says, Hey My Buddy has that, contact him here. Are you fucking kidding me, you fall for that... sure cause it's a deal. You have a report button in both Private messages and in the forum, You click report, tell us the issue, and then we act.

The report button links the account to our Spam Tools, not using the report button means we have to manually hunt this down.

There a not deals, we have people hurting, high inflation, and low supply, there are no deals you idiot. I know you are looking for that thing but that guys answering you does not have it either, he has an empty box with your name on it.

Please just stop, no more WTB, at all, if you get any form of unsolicited contact, probably a scammer.

IMG_3722.jpeg

Guys,

Again, today, more emails of people who were scammed and still said nothing until it was too late.

If you post a WTB post on here, banned, end of story, do not pass go, I am removing you, if you are too stupid to handle it, you can't have it. In fact I will edit the welcome message today

Next, the Report Button, How fucking hard is it to hit report. Especially on the Private Messages where the guys says, Hey My Buddy has that, contact him here. Are you fucking kidding me, you fall for that... sure cause it's a deal. You have a report button in both Private messages and in the forum, You click report, tell us the issue, and then we act.

The report button links the account to our Spam Tools, not using the report button means we have to manually hunt this down.

There a not deals, we have people hurting, high inflation, and low supply, there are no deals you idiot. I know you are looking for that thing but that guys answering you does not have it either, he has an empty box with your name on it.

Please just stop, no more WTB, at all, if you get any form of unsolicited contact, probably a scammer.

Just get rid of them, too many dense members.

I'm lookin for a bridge....

Must connect Brooklynn and NYC.

No scammers please, mom will get upset if I piss away my inheritance..

Knew this shit was coming. Literally guys making a thread that goes 2-3 pages about so and so scammed me and days later the account is still active because they don't hit the report button. Even when they are told multiple times IN THEIR THREAD to report them.

The problem is, they get scammed, everything looks bad and they feel they should be able to track this down and you really cant.

We ask you not to feed them, now We actually have to make it a rule, and enforce it.

I don‘t want people ripped off, I want a way we can operate within our community and everyone feels good about it. Who doesn’t want a place that understand you, we all speak the same language, so we need to limit the trolls, or scammers

They are predictable, maybe we see it too often, but it appears obvious to me. Even when I have to manually check the new accounts each day, a certain number trip our security. (Yes you are not Spam, your email just tripped our security) And I can look at the email and see it, or now a lot of times the user names, they are off by usually a letter, or they are common use terms with it. It will on the very lame side of user names. The email is normally Outlook or Yahoo, with a bunch of Gmails showing up now…

The only thing left will be them trying to buy, or they will use stolen accounts to buy access And sell. We saw a few of those, but not really, it’s harder and requires a commitment, but they will do it if They figure $20 gets them $2000.

My buddy's father is a retired SGT state trooper whose wife died about ten years ago... He was so lonely, desperate, "not in control of himself" that he fell for a woman he met online- and she scammed him out of tens of thousands of dollars- despite them never having met in person.

He absolutely knew better but his WANT overrode his logic circuit.

In the end the people who get scammed are usually (though not always) very easy targets because they're not in control of their emotions.

It bums me out when conservatives & conservatarians get scammed.

THERE ARE NO DEALS!

1680915271694.png

That said, I am going to guess that you can still get a pretty fucking amazing deal on an ugly ass tranny with a case of bud

Lesson learned, deals can only be had on things no one wants...

If in doubt, ask the seller to post a pic of them eating a banana with shoe on the top of their head with the said item of interest.
    Lol I thought I was the only one that did this. Screw a note with a screen name. I want you to set the thing on top of a Tupperware bowl and snap a selfie of you chugging a spindrift next to it. That shit is a lot harder to fake than a note with a screen name.

It continues to amaze me how many will purchase big dollar items here and pay friends & family or another source to an unknown individual, with methods that provides zero buyer protection.

I just shake my head....

I know, right? Blows my mind. You’d think the seller would just add the goods and services % cost to the list price.

Anyone taking electronic payment for anything over $600 is going to have fun with the IRS too.

Every time I even ask about something I get 5 pms offering it for sale.

"Any body know anything about x....."

5 minutes later in pm: I have x for sale

The problem is, they get scammed, everything looks bad and they feel they should be able to track this down and you really cant.

We ask you not to feed them, now We actually have to make it a rule, and enforce it.

I don‘t want people ripped off, I want a way we can operate within our community and everyone feels good about it. Who doesn’t want a place that understand you, we all speak the same language, so we need to limit the trolls, or scammers

They are predictable, maybe we see it too often, but it appears obvious to me. Even when I have to manually check the new accounts each day, a certain number trip our security. (Yes you are not Spam, your email just tripped our security) And I can look at the email and see it, or now a lot of times the user names, they are off by usually a letter, or they are common use terms with it. It will on the very lame side of user names. The email is normally Outlook or Yahoo, with a bunch of Gmails showing up now…

The only thing left will be them trying to buy, or they will use stolen accounts to buy access And sell. We saw a few of those, but not really, it’s harder and requires a commitment, but they will do it if They figure $20 gets them $2000.
    Why do people even complain to you? If someone gets scammed it's their problem. It's not your fault they are too dumb to cover their ass. Your not the scam police. You host a platform for us to post on and not to insure the classified section

For everyone blathering about using goods and services go ahead and try to make a claim on a firearms related item with PayPal and let us know how that worked out. If you get scammed and then make a claim with PayPal you'll just get fucked by them too.

For everyone blathering about using goods and services go ahead and try to make a claim on a firearms related item with PayPal and let us know how that worked out. If you get scammed and then make a claim with PayPal you'll just get fucked by them too.

Well, buying firearms related shit through pay pal is against pay pal’s rules.

And the real, mind boggling, shame is that it’s the very same, easily recognizable in almost all cases, shit.l that’s talked about on here pretty much daily.

A little fun with a scammer…

I picked up this yesterday.

After I posted I’ll take it, I get a PM from a member who joined the day before.
    ADF3FCB7-2EAD-4EA8-A534-9F223894DBAD.png

I read his 4 posts he has accumulated over in the technical/informational forums. His posts are short one liners, simply repeating part of other members posts. I guess he’s trying to look legit, IDK.

Then I texted him.

E7FDA42B-053D-44F0-ADF4-99731B8F12FA.png

2B9F5B69-C051-499A-8ADA-9744BF1FA91D.png

C68F837E-23DC-4CE6-9180-2D382A6B4D88.png

What next? Everybody spam his email with dick pics?😂

And yes, I reported his account immediately, using the report button.

After I posted I’ll take it, I get a PM from a member who joined the day before.
    View attachment 8115544

I read his 4 posts he has accumulated over in the technical/informational forums. His posts are short one liners, simply repeating part of other members posts. I guess he’s trying to look legit, IDK.

Then I texted him.

View attachment 8115545
    View attachment 8115546
    View attachment 8115547

Hit him up and see if possibly he may have the upgraded version with the Dilythium crystal lenses.
    1680963086214.png

View attachment 8115544

Then I texted him.

View attachment 8115545
    View attachment 8115546
    View attachment 8115547

You were way too nice. Didn’t even call him a faggot.

It continues to amaze me how many will purchase big dollar items here and pay friends & family or another source to an unknown individual, with methods that provides zero buyer protection.

I just shake my head....
    I answered a WTB ad on another forum a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if the guy had ever been on the internet before.

Agreed on price, and then the guy backed out because I wouldn't sell him ammo using PP G&S.

Anyway, I told him good luck with scammers and went on with my day.

Using either PP f&f or g&s for 2A stuff will get your pee pee slapped by them if a issue comes up. Our community really needs a alternative pro 2A service vs PP.

That being said, 99% of sellers/buyers want pp f&f as payment. A quick phone call works for me most of the time.

Reactions: XLR308
    Some of you guys paint with a really wide paint brush. I agree that WTB ads can be a PITA. But there are some killer deals on here. I have sold high end stuff at super good prices on here, and I have taken electronic payment. As a guy with cancer it makes more sense to liquidate stuff and use the proceedes to buy precious metals than to watch my stuff sold at aution for pennies on the dollar.

Reactions: Sblzrd65
    Some of you guys paint with a really wide paint brush. I agree that WTB ads can be a PITA. But there are some killer deals on here. I have sold high end stuff at super good prices on here, and I have taken electronic payment. As a guy with cancer it makes more sense to liquidate stuff and use the proceedes to buy precious metals than to watch my stuff sold at aution for pennies on the dollar.
    I agree that nuking wtb ads suck.
    But from the boss man's side. Some folks can’t see the scam happening. Get scammed blame boss man and the site. create a thread I got scammed instead of using the damn report button. It creates too much mess and drama.

Regarding people getting scammed- one of the many things NOT to do is pay via PP F&F, Venmo, Zell... REFUSE to pay via F&F, Venmo, Zell. PERIOD.

The seller should just include any PP G&S fees in the price of the item, and if they won't, assume they're a scammer. It even states the point of my previous sentence in many gun forums under the thread title "How to avoid being scammed" or something similar. Greed & laziness on the part of a seller who insists on PP F&F, Venmo, Zell, is an indicator of something negative with the seller and should be a deal breaker.

The key to minimizing your chances of getting scammed, are to never let your emotions (want, need, desire, gotta have) override your logic circuit and your suspicious alertness.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: jb0311
    FYI you ABSOLUTELY can buy certain firearms related items through Paypal GS. You can NOT buy firearms or CERTAIN firearms parts, ammo, MOST reloading components... If you don't believe me go to optics planet right now, seriously one of the largest rifle optics and components retailers in the nation, add stuff, go to check out, and choose PayPal where they will let you pay for it with PayPal G&S. If you put ammo or bullets into the cart it won't let you choose google or PayPal payment. If you put a prefit proof barrel, scopes, rings, ar charging handles muzzle brakes, BCGs, forearms AR rails, assembled AR uppers, rifle magazines...they all work and are ok to buy with PP GS. Don't believe me just go to optics planet and do it yourself. Add them one by one, keep checking in the check out options. Once you add ammo, bullets, it's a no go.

For buyers: (sorry sellers)... Paypal GOODS and services is probably the most secure payment form for OK items. Just do NOT pay for a firearm with it. You can buy rifle scopes, scope rings, binos, pretty much any "part" but NOT a receiver or ammo, or most reloading components (brass seems to be ok for some reason) with PP G&S..... Paypal FF, Zelle, Venmo and even Money orders (as was stated above) aren't that secure. Mule scams are a plenty and unfortunately I got Nigerian mule scammed back in 2018 when they were first starting the mule scams on lonely old men. The mule I encountered committed suicide after local PD whom I reported the scam too alerted him to it. Local PD chief actually called me to tell me what happened. Take it from someone whom was scammed on this site in 2018 through a Nigerian Mule scam... avoid the WTB ads... get a driver's license pic from the seller (they can block out their DOB or ID# you just need their address), TALK TO THEM... TALK TO THEM, TALK TO THEM... don't text. Do it with live video....you don't have to look at each others ugly faces even. If they refuse to talk and send you some photoshopped picture with their name and date on it (don't ever trust this)....RUN don't walk away. Just request them to show you the item in real time, then pan to a letter with their address on it to match it up to their DL address.

For sellers, well unfortunately it's most beneficial to take Zelle, venmo or PP F&F (sorry buyers but you risk getting scammed with these payment forms). But not so great for buyers. If you are a low feedback or NO feedback seller. Sorry your SOL I'm not buying for your scammer ass with PP FF, zelle, venmo. How STUPID can you be to send $3k to someone you don't know, from an unsecured payment form without the verification I stated above to a non-reputable seller w/o any feedback or minimal feedback. For those whom state you can still get scammed by PP GS yeah that's probably true but if you ONLY ship to the listed PP address, and use their shipping option it's unlikely but admittedly still possible.

Key concepts:
    -TALK to the buyer, video chat is the BEST way.
    -Don't just accept a stupid ass written note which can be photoshopped next to the item pictured
    -If all you do is text, well your welcoming a scam
    -ASK for a DL pic with address (tell them to block stuff out they don't want shown), THEN have a video chat to see the item in real time, and ask them to show you a piece of mail as a surprise. From a sellers standpoint ID theft is a concern which is why LIVE VIDEO CHAT is safer for both parties where you can show anything and see the guy isn't in Nigeria or a Ruski.
    -YES you can use PayPal goods and services for nearly all firearms RELATED items (see above)....just not firearms, receivers, ammo, most reloading components...I'm not lawyer so use at your own discretion or read the fine print, sheeeeit ask PayPal themselves. Optics...100% yes you can.

Alright I'm out, and heading to sleep before night shift.

wtf.gif

Regarding people getting scammed- one of the many things NOT to do is pay via PP F&F, Venmo, Zell... REFUSE to pay via F&F, Venmo, Zell. PERIOD.

The seller should just include any PP G&S fees in the price of the item, and if they won't, assume they're a scammer. It even states the point of my previous sentence in many gun forums under the thread title "How to avoid being scammed" or something similar. Greed & laziness on the part of a seller who insists on PP F&F, Venmo, Zell, is an indicator of something negative with the seller and should be a deal breaker.

The key to minimizing your chances of getting scammed, are to never let your emotions (want, need, desire, gotta have) override your logic circuit and your suspicious alertness.
    If some boomer is too scared to use electronic payment, that’s on them. It’s super easy to verify if you aren’t retarded and many of us have used those methods safely over hundreds of deals. Some people are just too dumb to not get scammed and should stay out of the PX altogether.

Reactions: TurretTwister

The seller should just include any PP G&S fees in the price of the item, and if they won't, assume they're a scammer.

NO

Sorry you are VERY wrong.
    And YOU need to apologize for such blatant lies!

If I was selling anything I would absolutely Refuse to use PP G&S that is a total goat rope that costs the seller extra gives the seller ZERO protections and make it super easy for a scammer or "buyer" to rip off the seller.

There is a huge thread about someone getting ripped off exactly by that.

Also since you are being such a stupid smart ass, what happens when you call up the woke idiots at PayPal and tell them you want the charges reversed because the guy didn't ship you the gun / gun part or scope that you wanted? Oh right... bet you didn't think that through...

NO

I'm tired of stupid "buyers" trying to scam sellers.

If you don't want to use PP F&F or Zelle to buy something I am selling, fine, send me a postal money order and once I get it, get time to get down to the post office during business hours and get time to exchange it, verify it make sure you can't scam it back, then I'll ship your item.
    Otherwise, no problem don't buy it.

If some boomer is too scared to use electronic payment, that’s on them. It’s super easy to verify if you aren’t retarded and many of us have used those methods safely over hundreds of deals. Some people are just too dumb to not get scammed and should stay out of the PX altogether.

Or like I always try to say but nobody listens,
    Insist on a quick video chat with the buyer / seller / item
    If they can do web forums and electronic payments they can do a video chat on their phone or PC.
    Easy, free, simple and it reduces your chances of problems hugely.