• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Scams - How Stupid Can You Be???

Killer Spade 13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2011
Roswell, Ga.
Just got this e-mail.
You'd think that the dolts would at least do a little spell-checking and check for grammatical errors . . . ! ! !

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="color: #3366FF">CHASE BANK</span></span>
Dear Customer,
Important information regarding <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Y</span></span>our online bank Account

IMPORTANT: We discovered series of illegal attempts on your online bank and email account from different IP locations. Your online bank has <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline">be</span></span> <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline">temporary disable </span></span>for your own safety and to avoid your account from <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline">been defraud</span></span>.Please verify your account information by clicking the link below to keep your account active and to add additional security update to your online account and email.
https//chase.com/privacy_ security/privacy_security/ fraud/pagereport
To ensure that your account information remains accurate and secure we notify you whenever this information changes.
Sincerely,

Online Services Team

Come on, guys!!! Ya gotta do better than this!!!

Re: Scams - How Stupid Can You Be???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'd think that the dolts would at least do a little spell-checking and check for grammatical errors . . . ! ! !</div></div>

Yeah you think they'd check for that, but why when they still get tons of people to follow their scam already... For every couple people who know better, theres one dumb enough to follow the link and enter their info.

English is likely not their first language.

On that note, I fucking hate thieves.

Oh there are plenty of morons out there who will click that link. I currently do IT for a law enforcement agency and you would not believe some of the crap I have to fix.

My wife got a call the other day. It was a recording of someone claiming to be from the IRS, and they said something about our taxes being fucked up. They proceeded to say that we could pay half of what we owed to a charity and the rest to the "IRS." Dumbasses.

I am constantly getting an answer to an ad wanting to send me more money than I asked for something and I am to send the extra money to this person who is going to come and pick it up later.
IS ANYBODY REALLY THAT STUPID? The people that answer my ad cannot even speak correct English and that should be a clue to begin with.

I've got a scammer on the hook right now. Classic "relative died you are the only namesake money is in a bank in Japan, millions due" bullshit. By mail no less. About 10 emails back and forth thus far, just wasting this asshole's time. At some point I'm going to tell him to buttfuck himself with a rusty knife.

Actually, there is a reason for the poor language etc...

This actually filters out the intelligent folks who will not be strung along. This prevents the scammer from wasting any time. We look, read and say SCAM F-it, DELETE..

It pulls in those who are pretty much illiterate, greedy, etc... If they are not filtered by the poor language, then there will be of a higher percentage the scam will succeed.

Oh looky, I am going to be a gazillionare! REPLY.. Dear dead uncle I never met.. send me my millions.. Oh you need $10,000 first? okay here it is!

There was an article on this very question on CNN if I remember correctly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got this e-mail.
You'd think that the dolts would at least do a little spell-checking and check for grammatical errors . . . ! ! !

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="color: #3366FF">CHASE BANK</span></span>
Dear Customer,
Important information regarding <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Y</span></span>our online bank Account

IMPORTANT: We discovered series of illegal attempts on your online bank and email account from different IP locations. Your online bank has <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline">be</span></span> <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline">temporary disable </span></span>for your own safety and to avoid your account from <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline">been defraud</span></span>.Please verify your account information by clicking the link below to keep your account active and to add additional security update to your online account and email.
https//chase.com/privacy_ security/privacy_security/ fraud/pagereport
To ensure that your account information remains accurate and secure we notify you whenever this information changes.
Sincerely,

Online Services Team

Come on, guys!!! Ya gotta do better than this!!!

</div></div>

I got this same one today, LOL.

Since I have been adding a few items to craigslist, I get at least 5 scams a day. It gets old using the blocker. I wish those people(scamers) would die a slow painful death...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: X Ring Accuracy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stupidity of the human race is immesurable </div></div>
I have an idea on how to measure it but I would get banned for political posting.

I got scammed once, I actually thought my mother in law was a nice lady, then we got married and I felt like Perseus meeting Medusa.

Sadly I have tried pointing a mirror at her direction but she still lives.

Got a checker mad at me at Home Depot a few years ago, buying a broom she said oh spring cleaning time? Nope, mother in law's car broke down getting her a new ride. GASP! Wife laughs. Checker, perplexed, you don't get mad at that? No, my mom is a jerk.