• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCAR 16/17 slings?

Re: SCAR 16/17 slings?

VTAC & as much as some people like to hate it, the MS2, excel on the SCAR. The VCAS with a Mash hook up front is right up there too on my lists of things to get for home.
I don't like a QD that far forward on the side rails. I deffinately don't like the built in sling point that far forward.

Mounting the RSA to the rear portion of the bottom rail will keep it clear of the CH.
The VTAC's made with more narrow webbing so it fits an HK hook. The MS2 is GTG as is with it's front locking hook. The VCAS needs an adapter piece to make a solid connection. The BFG mash hook adapter is nicer than the HK hook option IMO.
I'm beginning to steer away from QD swivels up front unless it's a DD female adapter with rotation limiters. There seems to be variance in some of the machining specs & a couple guys were having real problems with their carbines loosing the forward sling. Both had adapters from a certain company. The rest of us with DD didn't have the issue. I'm superstitious.;)

Apologies for the long winded response.

Keep in mind that with the MS2 you will need to either run it in single point mode or have something else to clip to up front because the factory front sling point is really to small to accept the ginormous front locking hook. I havent tried em myself yet but mash hooks look like the best solution for the scar factory sling points. Im probably going to give a V Tac or Endom with mash hooks a try on the scar.

Shane

The only good mounting option for the factory front sling point on that system is a 5.56 to the mouth of the enginerd department. I guess it's our own fault for letting all the mods & resources be wasted on redesigning the same feature back & forth half a dozen times. Reap what we sew & all.

Other than that, yes, if you're married to the idea of using the factory front sling point a mash hook or HK hook are about your only viable options.

I don't think the MS2 would be long enough for anyone but the shortest of the Gary Coleman troops even if the jaws would fit.
I'm thinking $23 & the lowpro RSA fixes a handful of engineering faults with that system.