• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCAR 17 - 5 rd MAGS

Re: SCAR 17 - 5 rd MAGS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YTALER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know of any sources on a 5 rd magazine for the FN SCAR 17 ? I'd like to use it as an ELK gun this fall. </div></div>

There ARE no 5-rd mags AVAILABLE, the closest THING is mag block inserts FOR the 10 & 20 rders.

Doesn't it look stupid when someone randomly capitalizes a WORD for no reason?

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/products/magblock-kits/scar-17/scar-17-magblock-5-20.html

Yes it does look stupid when a RANDOM word is capitalized. However, the use of capitalization for EMPHASIS is widely accepted. The OP used capitalization to stress that he was looking for an ELK gun, not a gun for TARGET shooting, or for COMBAT.

Stupid indeed.

I am sure he is glad that you were able to answer his question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The OP used capitalization to stress that he was looking for an ELK gun, not a gun for TARGET shooting, or for COMBAT.
</div></div>

Yes, SILLY me, because EVERYONE is LOOKING to DOWNGRADE to 5 round MAGAZINES for COMBAT.

KSwift, looking back thru some of your posts shows me I'm not the first person you've been a giant douche nozzle to. Next time you're in the SW Ohio area please look me up so I can get your tampon string unsnagged from your tennis bracelet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YTALER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KSwift, looking back thru some of your posts shows me I'm not the first person you've been a giant douche nozzle to. Next time you're in the SW Ohio area please look me up so I can get your tampon string unsnagged from your tennis bracelet. </div></div>

Go get em...

Before this goes and gets WAAAAAYYYY (
wink.gif
) off track, I have used blocked mags on a variety of rifles over the years and they work well as long as they are of good design and used properly.

The Magblock designed blocks linked to above are of high quality and work well in my experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YTALER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know of any sources on a 5 rd magazine for the FN SCAR 17 ? I'd like to use it as an ELK gun this fall. </div></div>

There ARE no 5-rd mags AVAILABLE, the closest THING is mag block inserts FOR the 10 & 20 rders.

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/products/magblock-kits/scar-17/scar-17-magblock-5-20.html </div></div>

Seriously, WTF is your problem

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YTALER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KSwift, looking back thru some of your posts shows me I'm not the first person you've been a giant douche nozzle to. Next time you're in the SW Ohio area please look me up so I can get your tampon string unsnagged from your tennis bracelet. </div></div>

Yah right bigshot. Someone who's too stupid to do their own simple 5 second search sure doesn't faze me.

Next time, take a moment to do your own damn work and answer simple questions for yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hemiram347</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Seriously, WTF is your problem </div></div>

He asked a question and I answered it for him.

Someone else was stupid enough to insinuate that maybe he emphasized 5-rd mags to distinguish ANIMALS from COMBAT, and I highlighted how stupid that also is.

WTF is your problem, grow up.

People get made fun of for stupid things, they learn from it. New users join the forum and ask stupid questions all the time, and we answer the question while making fun of their ignorance and/or laziness to google search for themselves.

New users ask noobish questions. Old users act like douche bags. It's the internet. Relax.

The only thing that you highlighted is that my comment was, and still is, over your head.

But, you were able to inform the OP that there are no low cap mags for his rifle. Congratulations.

OP- "Hey guys. Where can I find 5 round mags for a SCAR-17?"

SH1- "Dude, 5 round mags? That's totally going to hamper you when room clearing."

OP- "I'm not planning on any room clearing with this rifle."

SH2- "Ok, but even when performing overwatch from a helo, you are going to want at least a 10 round mag."

OP- "Overwatch? Helo? Are we speaking the same language? I just want a 5 round mag for my rifle."

SH3- "What about the zombie apocalypse man? You're going to need at least 20 rounders, set up 'jungle style!'"

SH4- "No guys, you got it wrong. He's practicing rapid mag changes but doesn't want to waste a lot of ammo..."

OP- "What? I just need to make one well placed shot?"

SH5- "Precision shooting? Why are you trying to make a battle rifle into a precision shooter? What you need is a whiz bang target rifle with a 34" heavy bull barrel (bull barrel, get it?) and a 26 lb folding stock."

OP- "Forget it. I'll just buy a mag block. The teenagers over at ar15.com would have been able to answer this question with one post."

The above is SATIRE but illustrates what happens in threads when MISUNDERSTANDINGS occur because of differences in EXPERIENCES or EXPECTATIONS.

kswift, please sweep out the sand and continue with your life. It's just the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hemiram347</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YTALER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know of any sources on a 5 rd magazine for the FN SCAR 17 ? I'd like to use it as an ELK gun this fall. </div></div>

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/products/magblock-kits/scar-17/scar-17-magblock-5-20.html </div></div>

Seriously, WTF is your problem </div></div> +1 and yes, YOU kswift are being a douche

1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be subject to disciplinary actions, including but not limited to banishment from the site.