• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scar 17 Leupold only suggestion

flyingbrass

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2013
I'm banging steel at 550 at range and less so what scope would you recommend. I've got a VX-6 1x24 and I'm just wanting a little more Leupold. I've got fancy scopes on my bolt guns but I'm wanting to keep this a Leupold scope only.

I have a vx5hd 2-10 on mine I’m happy. Fits the rifles capabilities well.
Generic brownells mount but large solid engagement surface.
I got it stupid cheap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I have a leupold mark 5 3.8-18 in an adm 20 moa mount that is rock solid on my south American lmt mws. Buddy of mine has a leupold mark 8 1-8 in a sphur mount on his scar 17 and it's a solid option as well ?

Semper fi
Horner

if it has to be a leupold I think HornDog has the right answer (Mk5 3.6-18), though I think there are better options at this price point until Leupold offers a better reticle for those of us that aren't fans of Horus and paying $500 for illumination.

I forgot to mention that I picked up my mk5 3.8-18 non-illiminated tmr reticle for $1400 on ebay with an adm mount. I don't know how most people feel about ebay, but there's a ton of deals for scopes if you take your time to make sure it's no fake. ?

Semper fi
Horner