• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scar 20S. Bigger, heavier, more money. Sell me on this thing.

Buckshotu2

Tiny Dancer
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Pleasant Grove, Ut
Isn’t the MAIN reason people love the Scar 17 the weight savings, followed by a compact size? I’m sure the 20s will have Scar 17 reliability, but I think FN states all that increase only gets you to 1 MOA or so. Looks like it will come in around 11lbs without optics.

If I’m reading correctly, FN says the 20s comes with the super scar trigger. That’s a benefit that goes directly towards the higher cost.

Because the extra 4" of barrel increases the max effective range of the 7.62 from 678yds to 702yds.
And it's a much heavier barrel so you can shooter faster and bigger strings of fire without the barrel getting hot to quicky, stringing your shots.

They need to make these in 6.5cm and at $3500 a piece, they would sell every last one they could make.

Awesome platform, the guys in the field love the mk20. The caliber is the only real drawback.

Reactions: Buckshotu2
That’s good cause my targets are always exactly at 702 yards..... lol.
Additional velocity with suppressor as well. Max effective range is much further with quality pills and as you go up in altitude( like we do), Max range gets longer as the air thins.

Reactions: Buckshotu2
It is definitely BIGGER and HEAVIER. But it will reliably engage targets at 1k at sea level if you do your part. (With suppressor. Never shot it without. )

And it's a much heavier barrel so you can shooter faster and bigger strings of fire without the barrel getting hot to quicky, stringing your shots.

They need to make these in 6.5cm and at $3500 a piece, they would sell every last one they could make.

Awesome platform, the guys in the field love the mk20. The caliber is the only real drawback.

I had been curious how the MK20 was received in the field. Good to know that it’s performing well.

I like it. We ordered a few dozen, and so far, we have more people on the waitlist than rifles. I am liking it more. :LOL: I do like it. Did I say that. It is a sweet gun. We also have the commemorative back-ordered, at $1,800 more. There will be a good following.

You know, on the Scar 17, as an FN dealer, I wait six months for delivery. If they can get the Scar 20 to me by Thanksgiving, we can sell Scar 20's, so it is hard to compare something in hand, verses a pricelist and no inventory.

Hey Longshot, any rummor there will be more than the 200 offered? Would be nice if this became a regular item for fn.

I like it. We ordered a few dozen, and so far, we have more people on the waitlist than rifles. I am liking it more. :LOL: I do like it. Did I say that. It is a sweet gun. We also have the commemorative back-ordered, at $1,800 more. There will be a good following.

You know, on the Scar 17, as an FN dealer, I wait six months for delivery. If they can get the Scar 20 to me by Thanksgiving, we can sell Scar 20's, so it is hard to compare something in hand, verses a pricelist and no inventory.

I could be mistaken, but sounds like you like the Scar 20s. ?