• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCAR17 and SCAR16 side by side

EricCartmann

Hobbyist among Operators
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Mom's Basement
These are not mine, belong to a buddy... I ofcourse recommended the TA-11 (3.5x) ACOG to him and he too says he will never buy a 4x ACOG again. Can't wait to try out that SCAR17 this weekend!

SCARsACOGs1617James-vi.jpg

Re: SCAR17 and SCAR16 side by side

Sweet I have twins too.

I'd recommend a barrel chop too. Those pencil barrels just look goofy on the SCARs. Sweet ass rifles though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd recommend a barrel chop too. Those pencil barrels just look goofy on the SCARs. Sweet ass rifles though! </div></div>

FN will be selling SBR barrels some time in the near future. They were supposed to be out already.

I plan to register both receivers and swap barrels when I need to. I prefer the full length for the extra velocity, but the SBRs will be nice for backpacking / four wheeling.

Not a big SCAR fan, but....

Looks really tight.

I'd ride them bitches hard and put them away wet.

Good for you guys. Tear it up.

I shot a SCAR 17 w/ an ACOG once. The eye relief was so short that the sling mount kept hitting my nose upon recoil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AzNooB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot a SCAR 17 w/ an ACOG once. The eye relief was so short that the sling mount kept hitting my nose upon recoil. </div></div>

Will have no such problem with the TA11. Also if you get the proper shoulder wedge and proper Length of Pull, recoil should be minimal.

I submitted my Form 1 to BATFE for the 16S. I have a 10.5" barrel on preorder.

Also waiting on two backordered Geissele triggers.

I don't want to SBR the 17S. If anything, I will get a 20" barrel for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I submitted my Form 1 to BATFE for the 16S. I have a 10.5" barrel on preorder.

Also waiting on two backordered Geissele triggers.

I don't want to SBR the 17S. If anything, I will get a 20" barrel for it. </div></div>

No man, the 17S is the one you should be SBRing! It has a lower velocity and bigger bullet, and with your Ti Suppressor, it will be the nuts!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Naw man. The 17 is for medium/long range. FN doesn't even make a SBR barrel assembly for the 17. I'm sure some third party does though. </div></div>

Not saying it can't be long range, but it would be bad ass as an SBR shooting subsonic loads.