• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scary day here yesterday!!

KAman9803

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2008
Hattiesburg, MS
Yesterday we had by far the largest tornado I've ever been through go right through the middle of town. Usually when we get tornadoes here they're fairly weak and short lived. This bastard ended up being an EF-4 and was on the ground for a long time. Damage that I've seen so far has been significant. I got extremely lucky, other than being more scared than I've ever been in my life my street came out pretty good, drive one block north and it's a different story. Miraculously it did not kill a single person, injury count is around the mid 80s. The fact that it tore through some of the most densely populated areas of town and no one died is a miracle.

I'm hiding in my bathroom shitting myself around the 5:10 mark.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdmTpsyQinM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdmTpsyQinM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Scary day here yesterday!!

I'd rather listen to Mike scream than hear the word "continue" one more time!

I'd have to stop the car and bitch slap michael.

Glad you guys are OK

Yeah...we were a mile south and that is as close as I want to get to one of those. Our church is on the corner of Arlington Loop and 37th...not a scratch on the church...across the street, it destroyed everything!!!

Now that was some intense footage. No way I would have gotten that close. My family lost a home to a tornado 10yrs ago, and we were blessed to escape the monster storm that destroyed Smithville and ultimately Birmingham. These large tornadoes are becoming the regular here in MS.