• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and Bender 3-12x50 PMII elevation turret

M24user

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone. I’ve just purchased a used but excellent condition PMII with the USMC-spec turret to go on my M24. S&B describe this as a “Generation 1” turret and more specifically “Double Turn (DT) adjustment with tactile rotational indicator and More Tactile Clicks (MTC) function, with a Sub-Zero Click (SZC)”. - PHOTO ATTACHED

I’m new to S&B. Now I’m all good with the windage adjustment (the standard dial with a centre position mark, then turning CW or CCW to move the reticle left or right), my confusion is with the ELEVATION adjustment. I understand the DT concept (when you pass “11”, a small ring on the top of the turret raises to indicate you’re moving to 12 and above). What I really don’t get is this: What should I have the elevation turret initially set to when I go to the range sight in my rifle? That is, say I have the elevation dial set to “zero” and my shots are low on the target, I can’t get the reticle lower (as it’s at the “lowest” setting). Should I get my gun shop to boresight the scope when mounted on my rifle to say the “middle” elevation setting (11), and that way I have the ability to then adjust the reticle up or down as needed? Or am I missing something here?

Attachments

• S&B.jpg
    S&B.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: