• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and bender 42mm or 50mm

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
I'm looking for. 4x16 Schmidt and bender scope. Have a line on a 42mm and wondering your guys thoughts.This scope will be used on a hunting rifle and might get used at a tactical match. I have owned both just never at the same time. Wondering if you guys think there is a big difference between the 42 and 50,

Light gathering?
Resale value?
Field use?
All around thoughts?

Re: Schmidt and bender 42mm or 50mm

Is the deal good? Mine is a 50, but i have never heard a gripe about the 42 with the exception of asthetics.

I have both a 42 and a 50. No noticeable difference between the two.

I have a S&B 4-16x42 and a 5-25x56. I've not shot mine in low light conditions, but in daylight I see no difference in resolution. I like the compact dimensions of the 4-16x42 which allows me to mount it very low. The 5-25x56 is a whole lot bigger.

Same as above. Didn't notice any real difference between the two. If the 42mm will fit your needs at a good price then go for it.