• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and Bender Cat-Tail

Hoser

Ninja
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2005
East Africa
After last years SMM3G and Johnson 3-Gun I decided a cat-tail might be a good thing. The power knob on S&B scopes can be stiff and or slippery when you are in a hurry.

A buddy of mine is a wizard when it comes to CNC stuff and offered to help.

And those Germans being as smart as they are, the power rings are the same on all their scopes. So I added them on my 5-25s and 4-16s.

We made a bunch just cause we can. They head off to get anodized early next week. I will toss a few in my bag when I head to Mesa here in a few weeks.

Short_Dot_Cat_Tail_1.sized.jpg

Short_Dot_Cat_Tail_2.sized.jpg

Short_Dot_Cat_Tail.sized.jpg

And this is how they look on a 5-25 mounted on my AIAW.

AI_Cat_Tail_2.sized.jpg

AI_Cat_Tail_1.sized.jpg

AI_Cat_Tail.sized.jpg

Re: Schmidt and Bender Cat-Tail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VnCO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good...................GAYmer </div></div>

Hate to be pegged, but you got me.

See you this weekend?

Cool idea, I don't have an issue with two 5-25's but I don't shoot timed comps.

The length of the "cheater pipe" seems a little long, did you play around with different lengths and try and trim it down any?

Scott

I thought it was a little long as well. We used to have speed handles on the lenses we used on the Hasselblads. They worked well.

Cut

The ones pictured above only stick out .770 from the scope. Being bright aluminum against a black gun/scope it just looks friggin huge. I will try to get some new pics posted after they get anodized.

Versions for NF and Loopy are in the works also.

That's a great idea as I've had zoom mechanisms so tight that you couldn't keep on target and change the zoom. Let us know when they are available.

There are 23 levers out there being used right now. I am going to cut another dozen S&B today. The NF and Loopy levers will also be cut today. I will try to get some pics up after they get anodized.

I had seriously thought about making (read: have made) something like that for my 1.5-5 Mk4. Your implementation is better than what I'd been thinking, though.

If you ever make any for a Falcon or Heritage, I'm down for a couple.

The AMU guy's at FT Benning said they had broke both the S&B's and Leupold's with these on them for what it's worth .

Got my 12 just yesterday , they are really well manufactured ,

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C Ward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AMU guy's at FT Benning said they had broke both the S&B's and Leupold's with these on them for what it's worth . </div></div>

?

I have not sent the AMU any.

Not Yours but the ones they had there machine shop make . They didn't say what broke but that it happened multiple times .

I will call out there Monday and talk to Daniel and/or Robby.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hoser,

I'll appreciate if you'll keep me updated abt what's AMU experience with cat tails was , do not want to damage my scopes because of this device , even if I do not see what could be happened to their.

PP out

I use something similar on my Meopta 1-4x K-dot scopes for tactical rifle and 3-gun competitions. They work really well in that application. I'd be interested in a version for the S&B and the Heritage.

I'd be interested in one for a Leupold and one for a Millet 1.5-4x that's on my tac rifle.

Is there a link to a page somewhere that lists what makes of scopes - or specific scope models - these cat-tails are being made to fit? Also, price?

Thanks!

Hey Hose,

If you/CDris end up doing a Heritage model, I'll take a couple for sure. If you need a sample to measure, we'll find a match to link up.
K2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they fit the 5-25 models as well? How much? </div></div>

They fit the 5-25s perfect.

AI_Right.sized.jpg

PM sent on pricing.

Here is mine on a 5-25 S&B on my AW

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

I bought mine from Chris Marsh at 3gunstuff.com Very fast shipping, and correspondence was almost instant, with him taking the time to answer my questions. As you can see, I got plenty of room to mount this. I got tired to trying to manipulate the zoom at distance with the mirage. This helps ALOT !