• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

schmidt and bender... what a joke!

par0thead151

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2010
I cant hit a thing with my new S&B scope with Larue 50BMG QD rings! please advise.

whistle.gif

miss1.jpg

miss.jpg

Re: schmidt and bender... what a joke!

you have it on backwards.....LOL LOL....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheDude797</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try holding it sideways! </div></div>

do they make a special mount for that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpine 338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Match ammo is the key. </div></div>

the guy at the gunshow assured me that 7.62X39 egyptian tracer was "match grade" and used to this day by SF/SEAL/DELTA/RANGER/snipers.

LOL. If you can't hit anything with the S&B, I will swap you a Tasco 4x40 for you're scope. LOL.

I've saved you're pic in my folder.

That barrel is way too long to be accurate. Didn't you know short barrels were the rage nowadays (LOL)?

Mounting the scope a few inches higher would help, and I would recommend using high quality ammo.... Wolf is known for it's EXTREMELY high quality 7.62.

I have the same setup and it hammers! I can easily hold 1/2 moa out to a grand in heavy switching winds ... at night.

This setup works really well for some if you change your perspective and view from the muzzle end. You can't miss
wink.gif
!

With those 2 screws securing the dust cover everything should be GTG, maybe try another mag, the wind up Chi Comm 75 round mags aren't providing you a good surface to shoot prone from, try taping 6 40 round mags together.

I don't mean to insult you or anyone else that has previously posted; however as you can see from the enclosed picture your scope was not designed for that firearm. If you attach it to a firearm better designed for the scope and mounts you will have far better results.
Ruger-4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: par0thead151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant hit a thing with my new S&B scope[...] </div></div>

The problem is with the rings. If you remove the rings it will make it much easier to hit things with the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't mean to insult you or anyone else that has previously posted; however as you can see from the enclosed picture your scope was not designed for that firearm. If you attach it to a firearm better designed for the scope and mounts you will have far better results.
Ruger-4.jpg
</div></div>
Does that have the new .22 LR BDC?

I opened this thread thinking an epic smackdown was about to be laid by forum members to the OP. Glad it was a joke!

I'm thinking your applying too much pressure when you sling up for the shot. Free float that barrel. An F class rest would also allow you to take advantage of that glass.

It's the "muscle break", not the optic!
grin.gif

Kevin

Only open one lens cap, I'm sure that is it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I opened this thread thinking an epic smackdown was about to be laid by forum members to the OP. Glad it was a joke! </div></div>

Words outta my mouth..
grin.gif

How say you on cheekweld, OP??

You need to turn it upside down, the elevation has been setup backwards on that model because the rounds feed upside down from that special type of magazine - that's your problem lucky S&B has thought of everything!

Lot of money to drop on an optic that doesn't work. Give SB a good public flaming to get them off their arses.

You should get a good two to three posts in before big Rob01 center punches you...

You need to expend at least 50rds into the air to settle the scope into its mount. Then your groups will start tightening up nicely. Dont forget to close your eyes and say a prayer while squeezing the trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TBass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't mean to insult you or anyone else that has previously posted; however as you can see from the enclosed picture your scope was not designed for that firearm. If you attach it to a firearm better designed for the scope and mounts you will have far better results.
Ruger-4.jpg
</div></div>

You're gonna run out of elevation without a 30MOA mount.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheDude797</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try holding it sideways! </div></div>
I can't believe you didn't listen to thedude, that's what your doing wrong... Here is how my setup is
sideways_gun_sight.jpg

I do .5 moa with this, I can't imagine with a bender scope. Just set it up right and you will be looking back at this later and laughing how you made this simple mistake

I know it is your breathing and the fact that you are to tight on that sling. It's not an arm wrestling match you are holding it like the secret srevice held the p90.

Ruger-4.jpg
</div></div>

Having a bubble level on a pistol is just ridiculous.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this thread for real wtf? </div></div>

i sure hope not
grin.gif

(this glass is for the lack of a better word... AMAZING!)

oh boy, i havent laughed this hard in awhile. Red Jacket is taking orders as we speak!! =)

To the OP, I'm sure the glass is fine, but one thing I would try is don't use the drum mag as a support/bipod when firing. It puts undue stress on those fine stamped receivers which can cause accuracy issues.

Send it to me and I'll figure out what the problems are with the set up. Might take a while to get it back to you, just so you know.

It's a poor craftsman who places the blame on his tools...

The issue is that it does not have a picatinny rail on it. If you slap a picatinny rail on that bad boy (like I did my Ruger) that will solve half your problem. Picatinny rails solve all problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're not doing your part. </div></div>

Solid advice........A rig like like should be sub-moa all day long, if you were doing your part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're not doing your part. </div></div>

HEY, not fair, I was gonna say that.

Well, I guess brilliant minds think alike.

The best thing you could do is send it to Red Jacket. There the best. Youll be hitting dimes at 1000 on full auto when there done working on it. If you dont believe me check out there TV show.

Get behind it, learn to drive it, address the trigger. Better get a 200 moa base.

Hand loads are the way to go. Start with 1 gr. of Varget. Work up slowly.