• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and Bender

WhiteCliffsOfDover

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Kansas
I'm in the market for a new rifle scope. I have spoken with a few Schmidt and Bender dealers about what scope would be most suited for my needs, but It seems they are just choosing from their inventory. I can't blame them for that. It would be nice to have an experienced mentor to help guide me through this but I'm at a loss here.

I have no experience with target turrets scopes.

The rifle scope will be mounted on an Accuracy International AX338

The rifle will be used for hunting (after I'm confident with it), and shooting steel targets.

Is there a scope reticle that is used for ranging......making a range finder unnecessary ????

Can you recommend a scope power and reticle?

Re: Schmidt and Bender

on a 338 lapua, that 5-25 seems to give the best balance of magnification, adjustment, etc.

as for ranging with the scopes/reticle, that msr is probably the easiest reticle to range with because of that nice bracket. it takes some practice to get good at it, if your willing to do the time, it can take a range finders place. what scopes do you currently use? if your used to leupolds, nightforce, etc, go with ccw turrets, if you use European scopes that have clockwise adjustments, that might be the way to go, unless you want to switch.