• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and Benders Service Center

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Ship a scope to them to change out the turrets to mil. It only took 3 weeks. That is pretty fast. Got the call today. I will send they others in. I didn't want to send them in at the same time. Thought it would be a little longer.
S&B customer service center 1+++

Re: Schmidt and Benders Service Center

I've got one of mine back at SB now. First one I ever sent back to get checked out. We'll see...

I thought it went pretty smooth. I know at one time they was going to give me a loaner but I decide to wait until the US center open.

Very happy with the results.

I have had nothing but good luck with S&B. Although I must admit I have had better luck with thier office abroad. I own a couple of their scopes and luckily I havnt had to have service work done but their customer service is excelent.

dar...I'm jealous.

My PMII went back to the factory in early November last year for a reticule change. I'm still waiting.

Graeme at Sporting Services here in the UK reckons it could be late March/early April before it comes back.

frown.gif

Mark and the crew up in NH have the Serivice Center running well. They are not only doing mods for people or fixing the few that go down but building scopes as well. They were also awarded the USMC service contract for their S&B scopes. It's good to have them in the US so our scopes don't have to get sent back to Germany.

Here's their contact info

Schmidt & Bender, Inc.
741 Main Street
Claremont, NH 03743
U.S.A.
(800) 468-3450
(603) 287-4830
(603) 287-4832 fax
[email protected]

Speaking of S&B and service. I was curious, do they offer customization in their scopes? Specifically I was wondering what reticles are available with their 3-12x50 other than the P4? Also can reticles be interchanged?

Its damn good to hear they take good care of their customers! Thats a lot of peace of mind, if anyone ever does need to have there scope serviced.

He's also not to busy to answer a bunch of rookie questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of S&B and service. I was curious, do they offer customization in their scopes? Specifically I was wondering what reticles are available with their 3-12x50 other than the P4? Also can reticles be interchanged?</div></div>

They can swap out reticles. As to what they offer from the site is the P3, P4, and P4F. Give the service center a quick call though as I'm not sure that is all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of S&B and service. I was curious, do they offer customization in their scopes? Specifically I was wondering what reticles are available with their 3-12x50 other than the P4? Also can reticles be interchanged?</div></div>

They can swap out reticles. As to what they offer from the site is the P3, P4, and P4F. Give the service center a quick call though as I'm not sure that is all. </div></div>

Rob, I just got off the phone with them and what you have listed there is correct. They were very helpful and knowledgeable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ship a scope to them to change out the turrets to mil. It only took 3 weeks. That is pretty fast. Got the call today. I will send they others in. I didn't want to send them in at the same time. Thought it would be a little longer.
S&B customer service center 1+++ </div></div>

Dar if you don't mind what was the cost for turret change?

It's $500 to get them changed. Least that's what it was last year.

It is cheaper I thought than going through and selling one and then buying another one. Really pretty painless process. I already had the expensive part purchased.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is cheaper I thought than going through and selling one and then buying another one. Really pretty painless process. I already had the expensive part purchased. </div></div>

My problem is times 3. Still may go that route, I like the "painless" part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tiger222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody know what a reticle swap is costing these days?
thx</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its was $500 to change out. </div></div>

I'm glad to hear that S&B are looking after some of their customers, I only wish I was one of the lucky ones.

I have sent back a PMII 12-50x56 twice to have a parallax problem repaired/checked. Both times the scope has been returned without an engineers report and in exactly the same condition that I sent it.
My emails are answered if I chase them, although they seem to ignoring my last request to replace the scope, quite frankly I think they are a disgrace, I expected so much more from them.

Basra boy, you reticule change should take four weeks tops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tiger222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anybody know what a reticle swap is costing these days?
thx</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its was $500 to change out. </div></div> </div></div>

I believe Dar was talking about his knob change.

I'd also be interested in the cost for a reticle change.

Thanks Ian....that's what I was told at the start of November. I'm still waiting though..........

IN GBP I'm looking at £375.00 for the reticle change on my PMII 3-12x50

I believe illuminated reticle changes are around $400.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe illuminated reticle changes are around $400. </div></div>

That is good to know. I will just order a 5-25 with the P4f now with the option of trying the MSR out later if I so desire.

Mine cost £200 last year, I had mine changed from Sport dot to sport fine.

Basraboy, if I were you I would be chasing them up big time, not just on the time but the cost as well.

I thought it was 500 for ret swap also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called them a couple weeks ago and a ret swap is also 500 </div></div>

That's why I said "believe"
wink.gif