• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt Bender 1.1-8x24 PMII High Power

Blackfoot 7

FNG
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Comparing several high-end LPVOs before committing to a purchase. Other options include the NF 1-8x24 ATACR and the Leupold MK8 CQBSS CMR-W. One of these candidates will be occupying vacant real-estate on my SR25 ACC. I'm particularly drawn to these three optics. Plenty of information out there regarding the latter options, but not so much on the S&B. Being relatively new to the market, I know the S&B likely isn't in the hands of very many people outside of those who you'd might consider to be "quiet professionals", spending more time honing skills rather than playing show-and-tell on the internet. Still, if anyone owns one, or at least has had an opportunity to handle one, T'would like to hear from you with your impressions, particularly regarding the daylight visibility of the reticle when compared to the NF or Leupy. I like all the reticle designs and don't necessarily prefer one over the other, but DV would definitely be valued added. Thank you and good day, sir!

S&B 1.1-8x24 PM II High Power

681-811-XXX-B7-B3-PMII-High-Power-1_1-8x24-sr_650.png

A9F5C0B4A215BB023EF7D1F4106D0DB220BAD22C.jpg

The one you want is the S&B 1-8 Short Dot 2nd focal plane with CQB reticle. By far the best 1-8 out there still...It has Aimpoint speed with a super fine 2nd focal plane reticle for precision shots at any magnification. I recently tried the NF ATACR 1-8 and I was extremely disappointed with it compared to the S&B, I hated it. The CQBSS is ok with the Horus reticle but still not great.
The S&B 1.1-8X High Power you mentioned above is terrible on 1.1X, you cant even see the reticle, however, it is nice and precise on 8X....Still no where near as nice as the 1-8 SFP Short Dot. Talk to Jason at Euro Optic and he can hook you up with the SFP Short Dot, I think they have a couple in stock right now.

Here is Link...https://www.eurooptic.com/schmidt-b...h-power-cc-cqb-reticle-lt-1-mrad-ccw-sfp.aspx

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
Hi.
I have some, :)
OK, can also look on the March SFP 1-10x and March FFP 1-8x.

Comparing several high-end LPVOs before committing to a purchase. Other options include the NF 1-8x24 ATACR and the Leupold MK8 CQBSS CMR-W. One of these candidates will be occupying vacant real-estate on my SR25 ACC. I'm particularly drawn to these three optics. Plenty of information out there regarding the latter options, but not so much on the S&B. Being relatively new to the market, I know the S&B likely isn't in the hands of very many people outside of those who you'd might consider to be "quiet professionals", spending more time honing skills rather than playing show-and-tell on the internet. Still, if anyone owns one, or at least has had an opportunity to handle one, T'would like to hear from you with your impressions, particularly regarding the daylight visibility of the reticle when compared to the NF or Leupy. I like all the reticle designs and don't necessarily prefer one over the other, but DV would definitely be valued added. Thank you and good day, sir!

S&B 1.1-8x24 PM II High Power

681-811-XXX-B7-B3-PMII-High-Power-1_1-8x24-sr_650.png

A9F5C0B4A215BB023EF7D1F4106D0DB220BAD22C.jpg

Hold the reigns. This is a very technical and competitive market. Oh, and opinions...

Two questions:
1) How long can you wait to buy, and;
2) How much are you willing to spend ?

On the market, for sale today, I think the best is the ATACR 1-8x. When I say for sale today, most dealers are backlogged 4 to 10 weeks. If you can wait, the two scopes to watch are the Steiner M6Xi 1-6x (yes, not an 8x), on the street in June / July, and the S&B 1-8x, probably August / September. Note: None of the Schmidt and Bender scopes available today are true 1x.

Take a short read here: https://charliescustomclones.com/blogs/shot-show/excitement-about-scopes-at-shot
And a view here:

If you are in this market, the two things most often asked for are: a) I want true 1x, so I can use both eyes like an Aimpoint red-dot, and b) I want a large eye-box that is forgiving, so I can use it like a red-dot.

The current offerings from S&B are good, but they are not true 1x. Do you care? You should, as it will affect your two eye ability, although S&B comes very, very close with the current 1.1-8x. The other issue, IMHO, is market value. As a dealer in Steiner, S&B, Aimpoint and Nightforce scopes, one thing to keep in mind is resale value. Any 1.1x variable optic on the market today, will suffer in resale value, as more 1-6x and 1-8x with true 1x come on the market. We have been waiting for over a year for S&B to come to market with their scope, and the same is true with Steiner.

Do not discount Steiner or Minox in the 1-6x market. Minox has been around for a while, and Steiner has a better scope with NF type large eyebox in the true 1-6x market. Also, the NF NX8 in either MOA or MIL is almost as good. It is a true 1x, but does not have the larger "red dot style" point an shot that its bigger brother, the ATACR 1-8x does, or that the Steiner 1-6x and S&B 1-8x will have when released.

Hope this helps.

The one you want is the S&B 1-8 Short Dot 2nd focal plane with CQB reticle. By far the best 1-8 out there still...It has Aimpoint speed with a super fine 2nd focal plane reticle for precision shots at any magnification. I recently tried the NF ATACR 1-8 and I was extremely disappointed with it compared to the S&B, I hated it. The CQBSS is ok with the Horus reticle but still not great.
The S&B 1.1-8X High Power you mentioned above is terrible on 1.1X, you cant even see the reticle but it is nice and precise on 8X but no where near as nice as the 1-8 SFP Short Dot. Talk to Jason at Euro Optic and he can hook you up with the SFP Short Dot, I think they have a couple in stock right now.

Here is Link...https://www.eurooptic.com/schmidt-b...h-power-cc-cqb-reticle-lt-1-mrad-ccw-sfp.aspx

Okay. Will consider it, but only if I can find it at a reduced cost. I'm paying discounted .mil prices for these optics.

Hold the reigns. This is a very technical and competitive market. Oh, and opinions...

Two questions:
1) How long can you wait to buy, and;
2) How much are you willing to spend ?

On the market, for sale today, I think the best is the ATACR 1-8x. When I say for sale today, most dealers are backlogged 4 to 10 weeks. If you can wait, the two scopes to watch are the Steiner M6Xi 1-6x (yes, not an 8x), on the street in June / July, and the S&B 1-8x, probably August / September. Note: None of the Schmidt and Bender scopes available today are true 1x.

Take a short read here: https://charliescustomclones.com/blogs/shot-show/excitement-about-scopes-at-shot
And a view here:

If you are in this market, the two things most often asked for are: a) I want true 1x, so I can use both eyes like an Aimpoint red-dot, and b) I want a large eye-box that is forgiving, so I can use it like a red-dot.

The current offerings from S&B are good, but they are not true 1x. Do you care? You should, as it will affect your two eye ability, although S&B comes very, very close with the current 1.1-8x. The other issue, IMHO, is market value. As a dealer in Steiner, S&B, Aimpoint and Nightforce scopes, one thing to keep in mind is resale value. Any 1.1x variable optic on the market today, will suffer in resale value, as more 1-6x and 1-8x with true 1x come on the market. We have been waiting for over a year for S&B to come to market with their scope, and the same is true with Steiner.

Do not discount Steiner or Minox in the 1-6x market. Minox has been around for a while, and Steiner has a better scope with NF type large eyebox in the true 1-6x market. Also, the NF NX8 in either MOA or MIL is almost as good. It is a true 1x, but does not have the larger "red dot style" point an shot that its bigger brother, the ATACR 1-8x does, or that the Steiner 1-6x and S&B 1-8x will have when released.

Hope this helps.

I was hoping to get something on the rifle as soon as it gets here. I'm guessing it'll be about a week to two week turnaround once KAC processes my payment and it ships to my FFL. I want to take advantage of some tactical shooting competitions being held in and around my area this summer. The ATACR is a primary contender right now, but I'm tracking that it might be a couple months before I see a product. In the meantime I've got a CompM4s that I can use as a placeholder, or my S&B 4-16x42 I can use for longer engagements. I've looked at other options as well, but I'm going with a 1-8x either way. And yes, true 1x is good to have, but I also know that choices are limited. The S&B CC might answer the mail, but I'm more inclined to go with a FFP option as opposed to SFP. Which S&B 1-8x is being released? There's already a few options out there. ETA: just checked out the S&B 1-8x ShortDot Dual CC you posted in the link and that might actually answer the mail. I might just order the ATACR and compare it with the S&B when released. Depending on which I prefer the other will get sold. Thanks for the heads up.