• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender 3-20 and GAP-10 mounting options?

kydron

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2009
Leander, TX
So I decided to upgrade to a Schmidt 3-20 on my GAP-10. I thought I would be fine with the Badger unimount that came with the rifle (1.27" Height), but unfortunately the bottom of the elevation turret just barely touches the center of the mount. It's strange because supposodly the 5-25 will fit just fine.

The objective bell clears just about perfect (mainly because of the cutout in the POF handguard).

I found this mount in Badger's catalog:

P/N 306-67 34 mm, H: 1.35” L: 4.625”, 20 MOA cant, Aluminum

This should provide a little less than 3/32 of additional clearance.

Does anyone know if this will work? If not, I'd probably have to get a 1.46" SPUHR which I am not opposed to, but I like that the Badger will be lower and is $200 cheaper.

Any help is appreciated.

That could work, but I could probably find another use for this mount or resell it later. I'd prefer to get something new for now.

I'm not sure if the 3-20 overall objective diameter is the same as a 5-25 but an S&B 5-25 in a 1.18" high 30MOA Spuhr will clear the handguard on a GAP-10 and leave just enough room for a flip cap.

A 1.46" high Spuhr on a GAP-10 is a little too high (because of the stacked rail design of the handguard sliding over the rail already on the upper receiver) and if you're running a PRS stock you will probably run out of cheekrest adjustment height. Tried a 1.46 initially, ran out of cheekrest adjustment, and exchanged the 1.46" Spuhr for a 1.18" Spuhr.

I'm not sure if the 3-20 overall objective diameter is the same as a 5-25 but an S&B 5-25 in a 1.18" high 30MOA Spuhr will clear the handguard on a GAP-10 and leave just enough room for a flip cap.

A 1.46" high Spuhr on a GAP-10 is a little too high (because of the stacked rail design of the handguard sliding over the rail already on the upper receiver) and if you're running a PRS stock you will probably run out of cheekrest adjustment height. Tried a 1.46 initially, ran out of cheekrest adjustment, and exchanged the 1.46" Spuhr for a 1.18" Spuhr.

Thanks Kiba, the objective on the 3-20 is 50mm as opposed to 56mm on the 5-25 so I suppose it should work. I am also running the PRS stock. Did you try this exact setup and can confirm for sure a 1.18" will work? Looking at the clearance on the 1.27" Badger I'm not sure how the lower SPUHR will fit... I'll be looking at the 6mil/20MOA version if that makes any difference.

GDI Mount
P-ROM L-Model™ (Rifle Optic Mount) Telescopic Scope Mount

1.45 Height

Have that setup on my LMT MWS with NF F1 ... lots of clearance

- Jason

Thanks Kiba, the objective on the 3-20 is 50mm as opposed to 56mm on the 5-25 so I suppose it should work. I am also running the PRS stock. Did you try this exact setup and can confirm for sure a 1.18" will work? Looking at the clearance on the 1.27" Badger I'm not sure how the lower SPUHR will fit... I'll be looking at the 6mil/20MOA version if that makes any difference.

The 1.18" high Spuhr will fit on a GAP10, the objective drops down nicely into the part of the handguard where the rail is relieved. With a 1.18" / 30 MOA Spuhr and a S&B 5-25 x 56 with a BC flip cap the cap just barely cleared the handguard relief on my GAP10 and I ran it that way for 400 rounds or so. I'd mount the S&B up again and take a picture for you but I swiped that scope and put it on my JP LRP-07 in a 1.46" high cantilever Spuhr for the time being-- the GAP10 is sitting scopeless for now until I decide what I want to put back on it.

A 3-20x50 should have no problem whatsoever in a 1.18" Spuhr on a GAP10 since the objective is smaller than the 5-25x56 but you might want to measure and confirm the actual housing diameter at the objective end of both the 3-20 and 5-25.

The no to low cost option, as mentioned, would be to machine the provided Badger mount for a little more turret box clearance.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up and writing such a detailed response kiba! I'll be placing and order for the SPUHR.

Just a quick update for reference, the SPUHR 1.18" 20MOA 34MM single piece mount worked perfectly for my GAP-10 with the 3-20 S&B. I just had to rotate the Tenebraex Tactical covers to open horizontally instead of vertically because of the huge lip on these flip covers.