• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Schmidt Bender 3-20 Ultra Short Issue

mjwilcox38

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2021
North Carolina
I bought a New open box schmidt bender 3-20 ultra short from Euro Opitc. When I received it the scope was jacked up so I sent it in to Schmidt Bender service center in VA.

Sighted in the scope by the instructions, scope is set but will only travel up in elevation to 33 MOA, the scope will not go up far enough to start a double rotation. Spurh Mount at 20moa. Normally have more travel with other scopes. The windage knob is very tactile feeling but the elevation knob is not so much. I can not tell a difference between the green setting or the black setting, except minor pause on each MOA. I was thinking this was suppose to pause every 2 MOA. The elevation is no where near as crisp as the windage and I would say sorta mushy. Would like some input from someone with lots of experience with SB scopes. Plan to contact SB service center Monday, but wanted to see if this is correct or something is wrong.

I bought a New open box schmidt bender 3-20 ultra short from Euro Opitc. When I received it the scope was jacked up so I sent it in to Schmidt Bender service center in VA.

Sighted in the scope by the instructions, scope is set but will only travel up in elevation to 33 MOA, the scope will not go up far enough to start a double rotation. Spurh Mount at 20moa. Normally have more travel with other scopes. The windage knob is very tactile feeling but the elevation knob is not so much. I can not tell a difference between the green setting or the black setting, except minor pause on each MOA. I was thinking this was suppose to pause every 2 MOA. The elevation is no where near as crisp as the windage and I would say sorta mushy. Would like some input from someone with lots of experience with SB scopes. Plan to contact SB service center Monday, but wanted to see if this is correct or something is wrong.
Check with Jerry on this but many PM2s were designed for use with 30 moa of forward cant and the 3-20US may be among them. My PSR gives me about 2/3 the erector travel at 20 and nearly all of it with 30. Your turrets shouldnt feel mushy.

Check with Jerry on this but many PM2s were designed for use with 30 moa of forward cant and the 3-20US may be among them. My PSR gives me about 2/3 the erector travel at 20 and nearly all of it with 30. Your turrets shouldnt feel mushy.
Yeah, I will call him Monday. He was really good about getting my scope back to me and responding to emails. I have not been to impressed with the scope but their customer service has been great.

mjwilcox,

I don't have your exact scope, but I have a 5.5-25x56 PMII. I can't remember how either at the moment and my scope is down @ my loading room (50yds from house)
and it is snowing like mad out. As I remember they only have about 1.5 moa down once the knob has been locked down, so I think you have to unlock the knob with your Allen wrench turn it ccw I think lock it back down then go cw with the knob until it goes down far enough, if not repeat until it does.

If you don't want to mess around with it, put a call through to S&B....

mjwilcox,

I don't have your exact scope, but I have a 5.5-25x56 PMII. I can't remember how either at the moment and my scope is down @ my loading room (50yds from house)
and it is snowing like mad out. As I remember they only have about 1.5 moa down once the knob has been locked down, so I think you have to unlock the knob with your Allen wrench turn it ccw I think lock it back down then go cw with the knob until it goes down far enough, if not repeat until it does.

If you don't want to mess around with it, put a call through to S&B....
Thanks, that was not the issue

It only cost me 60 bucks to ship it. Warranty covered fix. I'm curious how everyone on here knows Jerry is the service guy. Are you guys having scopes fixed that much?

It only cost me 60 bucks to ship it. Warranty covered fix. I'm curious how everyone on here knows Jerry is the service guy. Are you guys having scopes fixed that much?

Still I would be pissed getting sold a busted scope then having to pay to have it fixed even 60 bucks. I recently bought an allegedly refurb 320us from euro and it was broken when it arrived. The mtc didn't work in the green window. Euro acted like I didn't know how the scope worked and I was an idiot but they took it back. Pretty sure all they did was relist it for sale.

Nope reticle and turret swaps usually freaking with Jerry and there is just him working there for repair/rebuild work iirm

Was this a P4FL MOA? Sounds identical to the 3-20 I bought from EO I think back in November and returned for a replacement...saw it back up on their website as open box item when I returned.

Edit, FYI:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Was this a P4FL MOA? Sounds identical to the 3-20 I bought from EO I think back in November and returned for a replacement...

Edit, FYI:

Yes.

I wish I still had the video of it and had a serial number. No way to know for sure I guess if this is indeed what happened....but the amount of coincidence and timing is a bit uncanny...

Still I would be pissed getting sold a busted scope then having to pay to have it fixed even 60 bucks. I recently bought an allegedly refurb 320us from euro and it was broken when it arrived. The mtc didn't work in the green window. Euro acted like I didn't know how the scope worked and I was an idiot but they took it back. Pretty sure all they did was relist it for sale.

Nope reticle and turret swaps usually freaking with Jerry and there is just him working there for repair/rebuild work iirm
Well Jerry sent me a return label the first time. The second time I sent it to service I had to pay shipping. Hope it's fixed now. Will know Saturday when I take it out to set. Turrets do feel better. Looks like Euro Optic is more at fault seeing this thread.
I wish I still had the video of it and had a serial number. No way to know for sure I guess if this is indeed what happened....but the amount of coincidence and timing is a bit uncanny...
This one maybe p4 fine reticle?

If it's good now I will have a 5200 scope for 3k. So could be good if all is fixed.
This also made me less upset about my situation once it was all sorted and S&B did their cost increase. I paid $3,300 out the door and the new P4FL with these turrets on the 3-20 is $5,200 today. Crazy.

This also made me less upset about my situation once it was all sorted and S&B did their cost increase. I paid $3,300 out the door and the new P4FL with these turrets on the 3-20 is $5,200 today. Crazy.
The odds of it being a different p4 fine reticle are slim. Sounds like Euro Optic sold a broken scope knowing it was broken as a new scope with disclaimer open box. Which stinks because I've bought a lot of scopes from Euro Optic.

The odds of it being a different p4 fine reticle are slim. Sounds like Euro Optic sold a broken scope knowing it was broken as a new scope with disclaimer open box. Which stinks because I've bought a lot of scopes from Euro Optic.
Yeah, unfortunately these are the coincidences I am referring too.

Out of curiosity, what we're the parallax issues you were experiencing?

Out of curiosity, what we're the parallax issues you were experiencin

I had to dial infinity to get clear at 500 yards. To eliminate parallax at 100 yards dial was on 200 yards. Resolution was piss poor. But should be fixed now. Service calibrated

Yea it's odd to me too with the 320 Euro had labeled as refurbished Jerry said that serial # had never been through his service center so I dunno how it is refurbished just straight broken I guess haha

Yea it's odd to me too with the 320 Euro had labeled as refurbished Jerry said that serial # had never been through his service center so I dunno how it is refurbished just straight broken I guess haha
I have bought a few high dollar scopes from EO. I asked about trade ins last I time I was down, they told me NO. All of a sudden there is a ton of used scopes for sale,,, could they all be faulty returns?

I have bought a few high dollar scopes from EO. I asked about trade ins last I time I was down, they told me NO. All of a sudden there is a ton of used scopes for sale,,, could they all be faulty returns?

Certainly suspect at this point to say the least

Certainly suspect at this point to say the least
I plan to call Euro Optic tomorrow and talk to them about this. Euro Optic should have gotten the scope fixed prior to sending it out to a customer. And yes all the scopes on Euro Optic that say used, or open box are customer returns. If it says Demo then it was a display. So if you buy a scope from Euro OPtic that says open box be ready to send it back to manufacture to have them fix.

• Wow
Reactions: BCX
I plan to call Euro Optic tomorrow and talk to them about this. Euro Optic should have gotten the scope fixed prior to sending it out to a customer. And yes all the scopes on Euro Optic that say used, or open box are customer returns. If it says Demo then it was a display. So if you buy a scope from Euro OPtic that says open box be ready to send it back to manufacture to have them fix.

Did you get the issues resolved with this scope, turrett get better and parallax?

Thanks for asking. I was finally connected to a guy in Germany and he sent me a brand new scope.
Where they never able to fix the scope?
Good to hear they stepped up and offered an replacement. How do you like it?