• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender Awarded the PSR Contract

Re: Schmidt & Bender Awarded the PSR Contract

...and what is wrong with being a weekend warrior anyway?

As for the politics mentioned - yeah I can agree with some of that post by Tiro - but it doesn't mean the best scope was chosen or that the selection process was fair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">- but it doesn't mean the best scope was chosen or that the selection process was fair. </div></div>

I still don't see why talk like this is necessary...

-matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it comes to US economy and buying american we have another part of that discussion and that is the US export part.
Its nearly freaking impossible to get a lot of stuff from the US cause your exportregulations are so weird.

Not only the exporter must pay redicoulus sums to the government to be allowed to export but also the producers.
That means a lot of products that have mainly a civlian use cannot be obtained outside of the US.

So when I chose calibers, I prefer calibers where I have a european bullet/brass supply cause that will give a certain supply instead of never knowing if I can get what I need.

The problems for this rubbish is in the US, who have one of the weirdest exportregulations in existence.

To me it's funny to see how some groups over the years have got a lot of free guns like the talibans, when european hunters and sportshooters not even can buy it, without a lot of hassle.
So my only impression of this is that the US doesent need the money they could get.

Håkan </div></div>

And more bashing of the US. It amazes me the crap that you say about our country, yet you expect us stupid Americans to buy your product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as for the rest of your post - I seriously doubt that.</div></div>

Doubt it if you want but it's the truth. Just becasue you feel the need to act in a different fashion don't think for a second I would.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are on SH on almost a daily basis pumping S&B.</div></div>

Exactly. I can do that with no problems or guilt and put my word behind anything I say about them. They are excellent scopes. I won't use or recommend gear that doesn't work. It comes from years of using many scopes from Super Snipers on up. I don't just read about other people's reviews. I buy scopes and use them to see how they are. I have used quite a few and have put them through their paces at home and in matches and some work and some don't. S&B works.

Our team shoots for S&B now but only since Jan 2010. I was using my S&B 5-25 for 4 years prior to that. I bought it when another scope let me down. The S&B never has. If our team lost the S&B sponsorship today then I would continue to use my 5-25s. They are a great scope. Plain and simple. Only problem I have with them is I need one more. They are like potato chips, you can't just have one
wink.gif

P6300191.jpg

And what, exactly, is unfair about choosing the scope that meets their needs? Why so butt-hurt? Let's hear this inside information that shows such bias against a scope that did not meet their parameters....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P6300191.jpg
</div></div>

I cannot describe how incredibly jealous I am.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwoAnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> more bashing of the US. It amazes me the crap that you say about our country, yet you expect us stupid Americans to buy your product. </div></div>

Please read his post again. If you would call it "bashing of the US", then you are extremely sensitive. He is just pointing out that the US export system makes it hard for us Europeans to buy American products. And he is right. Am I bashing the US now? I often buy American if I can, the US are after all our closest and most important ally. You are also writing like S&B is from Sweden ("your product"). Sorry for this off-topic post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P6300191.jpg
</div></div>

Wow, nice line-up. Beyond the S.u.B.s on top, what chambers are in those bad boys?

Agreed. As an American, I know our export policies suck, pretty much like 99.9% of every other US policy, but I digress. I've noticed time and time again "not for export" on things I've purchased.

You guys need to spend some time searching and reading up on his past posts on other forums. If you new his history of US bashing, you would see his post for what it really is.

Doesn't matter what his past posts were, he wasn't bashing in that post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And more bashing of the US. It amazes me the crap that you say about our country, yet you expect us stupid Americans to buy your product. </div></div>

As an fellow scandinavian, must agree with Spuhr. I ride Harley, shoot AR:s and drive Mustang. But I cant order f***** picatinny flashlight mount from US because it might end up to Talibans. Yeah right. US losts lots of money every day, just because of morons in US government. Yep, there, I said it. Morons just feels best word to describe them.

But back to issue- this S&B mentioned is CC model, right?
Tried it, and will surely get one for AR. FOV is not in same level with Swarovski 1-6 level (best I have tried so far), but still not bad at all. In 1x, parallax goes to 25meters automatically. As far as I know, its only 1-X scope in market which have this feature. Have tried also IOR 1-10, huge tunnel effect in lower powers.

Would like to try USO too some day, but thanks to ITAR/export regulations I wont be able to support US optics industry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesBailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, nice line-up. Beyond the S.u.B.s on top, what chambers are in those bad boys?

</div></div>

Thanks but need one more S&B. Still saving but might be longer as we are redoing the bathroom now so the savings account is taking a hit LOL.

From front to back:
6.5 Creedmoor
300WM

Tyler just work your way over to N Kansas City. I am sure GAP will help you out
wink.gif

JL, not the 1-8 but the 5-25. There's a pic of the scope on the first or second page. Was just talking to Lowlight on the phone today as he was drving to do some more testing and a video on the S&B 1-8. He likes everything about it but says the knobs take a little getting used to. He said the FOV on it was crazy wide. Hopefully he gets some good video of the FOV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks but need one more S&B. Still saving but might be longer as we are redoing the bathroom now so the savings account is taking a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #006600">$</span></span>hit LOL.
</div></div>

There, fixed it
wink.gif

-matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And more bashing of the US. It amazes me the crap that you say about our country, yet you expect us stupid Americans to buy your product. </div></div>

As an fellow scandinavian, must agree with Spuhr. I ride Harley, shoot AR:s and drive Mustang. But I cant order f***** picatinny flashlight mount from US because it might end up to Talibans. Yeah right. US losts lots of money every day, just because of morons in US government. Yep, there, I said it. Morons just feels best word to describe them.</div></div>

If the "stupid" rules save the life of just one of our soldiers then hell yeah it is worth it. You guys can whine all you want.

So there is something special that US goods do that other nations' won't? US ammo is more deadly than German?

If the goal is to protect freedom, including property rights/trade, then export restrictions are pretty counter-productive.

"Stupid" rules are just that because any bad guy with half a brain can defeat the US export rules/controls, or just buy elsewhere.

I'm just a humble civilian shooter from a semi third world country in south america, and I don't buy from the US anymore because the red tape (you need State Dept. permission almost for any and all stuff remotely related to shooting, even minuscule things) gets so annoying, costly and slooow, but everyday I see stuff coming in... and the guys doing it are not the brightest chaps on earth too.

It is like the US domestic restrictions on gun buys, the law abiding citizens get screwed, the bad guys don't even notice it...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Weekend warrior here.

2dlmd0y.jpg

As a lefty I can categorically agree with this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5. the lit reticle knob placement sucks</div></div>
Which begs the question:

<span style="font-size: 14pt">When is the 3-20 coming out??? It is months (years?) over due!!!</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Weekend warrior here.

2dlmd0y.jpg

As a lefty I can categorically agree with this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5. the lit reticle knob placement sucks</div></div>
Which begs the question:

<span style="font-size: 14pt">When is the 3-20 coming out??? It is months (years?) over due!!!</span></span> </div></div>

I was recently told they'll be shipping in October, along with the 1-8 ShortDots....

For clarification, the USO was 17.5" long and did not pass the GO/NO-GO requirement of 16.5" of the solicitation testing so it unfortunately did not <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">even actually</span></span> get tested.

The NVD did fit the weapons platform mounting solution forward of the optic mounted on the test platforms which however were not any of the platforms submitted for the PSR contract since it is being re-solicited.

I can say that of the others that moved forward 1 failed for repeatability and another dropped their price and tried to play the "Made in USA" card in the 11th hour, which didn’t work.

Price wise between the USO and the S&B they were comparable.

Like I said earlier I shot both submissions to include the prototypical versions and they were comparable, my only complaint to John on his glass was the exit pupil was kinda unforgiving.

Listen the operators got an excellent and very capable tool with the S&B without question and congratulations to Sylvia and the group at S&B on the win. USO as well as the others will have the chance to correct their issues and see if the Big Army solicitation includes optics as part of the submission.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Stupid" rules are just that because any bad guy with half a brain can defeat the US export rules/controls, or just buy elsewhere.

I'm just a humble civilian shooter from a semi third world country in south america, and I don't buy from the US anymore because the red tape (you need State Dept. permission almost for any and all stuff remotely related to shooting, even minuscule things) gets so annoying, costly and slooow, but everyday I see stuff coming in... and the guys doing it are not the brightest chaps on earth too.

It is like the US domestic restrictions on gun buys, the law abiding citizens get
screwed, the bad guys don't even notice it... </div></div>

That is rigth, but then should not you whine about poor US economy, cause there is a huge civilian export market that you are peing on.

The situation is now so whicked that not only the exporting Company have to pay redicoulus sums to be allowed to export but also the producing Company. So My conclusion about this it's that it's not about US soldiers, but instead lett wing antigunners that is ruling the export administration

Håkan

<span style="color: #CC0000">They are a great scope. Plain and simple. Only problem I have with them is I need one more. They are like potato chips, you can't just have one</span>
wink.gif

</div></div>

Truer words were never spoken

Yes it will. Look beginning of 2012.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if the FDE ceramic 5-25x56 is going to be made available to the public? </div></div>

I'm saving my money now for either the FDE 5-25 or the 3-20. I go back and forth between the two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When it comes to US economy and buying american we have another part of that discussion and that is the US export part....

To me it's funny to see how some groups over the years have got a lot of free guns like the talibans, when european hunters and sportshooters not even can buy it, without a lot of hassle.
So my only impression of this is that the US doesent need the money they could get.

Håkan </div></div>

When almost 3000 civilians are killed on a bright sunny day for the crime of showing up for work and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, one tends to scrutinize what is going out of the country to insure that it cannot be used to kill more of its citizens.

And where in the past our regulations showed a failure if imagination, allowing many components to get out of the country, current export regulations take their "possible use" into account. Since 9/11/01, the US added a ton of infrastructure to prevent future attacks and insure its citizens were secure. That an attempt to try to get close to leveling the playing field regarding imports from countries that don't have our manufacturing requirements, like wage and hour laws, worker protection laws and environmental laws. At great expense. So yes, import costs have risen.

If you cut through the BS, we are not in a recession here. We are in a depression in this Country. Record unemployment levels means less taxes. Wage stagnation for those fortunate enough to have jobs means less tax revenue. Corporations moving companies overseas and outsourcing abroad means less tax revenue. We are at a record deficit as a Country, and because of that our US credit rating has been downgraded - which means the US has to pay higher interest rates on its bonds to attract investors.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"...the US doesent need the money..."[</span>/b]</span>

Really? Maybe what the "US" needs to do is to tax the shit out of rock throwing importers and encourage its citizens to buy goods made in the US.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was about to pull the trigger on one of your mounts. I'll find one from a US company that needs the money more than yours.