• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender Customer Service

Diablo

Road Warrior
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2009
Yeah, it finally happened......that time came when the "favorite" scope needed more than just washing off the mud and grime.

I sent my S&B 4-16x42 PMII/LP back because the parallax knob was getting loose.

While this scope is scratched/dented/scarred from use/abuse, it tracks good and the glass isn't scratched..........well, not scratched a lot........

I'd been putting off sending it because I figured it would be gone for several (many) weeks.

Anyway, I shipped it to S&B 10 days ago (USPS), and called S&B on Thursday to see if they had gotten it yet.

The lady said, yes, they received it, fixed it, and it was on the way back already, and at no charge...........

Thanks S&B!!

If you're in Europe you can take them directly to Biebertal, that's what we do, it's a little over a 2 hour drive up from Stuttgart. Great guys at the service desk and most of the time they will give you a 2-3 hour turn around. The only problem is that we've had to take several up to them in too short a time period, some 5-25s and 4-16s are the most problematic, the 3-12s live forever.

Yeah, it finally happened......that time came when the "favorite" scope needed more than just washing off the mud and grime.

While this scope is scratched/dented/scarred from use/abuse, it tracks good and the glass isn't scratched..........well, not scratched a lot........

I'd been putting off sending it because I figured it would be gone for several (many) weeks.

Anyway, I shipped it to S&B 10 days ago (USPS), and called S&B on Thursday to see if they had gotten it yet.

The lady said, yes, they received it, fixed it, and it was on the way back already, and at no charge...........

Thanks S&B!!

How long have you owned the scope? Many people are curious whether they took care of you despite the 2 year warranty restrictions.

I have been to the Schmidt and bender facility and talked to jerry extensively while I was there.

Schmidt and benders quality paired with their awesome customer service has my business.

Glad to hear. Seems like half the guys on here are always so worried about S&B 2 year warranty. I'm tired of all the S&B bashing lately. Every time someone sends one in it gets taken care of quickly and professionally. Good job S&B.

Thanks S&B!!

Did they polish the scratches out of the lens, or is that even an option

^They have a S&B in the US that handles everything. I know this because I send my scope in for work.

Awesome. I had to send my Elcan Specter DR (SOF model) back to get a heli-coil fixed. $60 regular ground shipping to Canada :(

BUT, They had it fixed and sent back Fex-Ex Overnight Air at no charge. I had it back in about a week :D

Did they polish the scratches out of the lens, or is that even an option

It is nearly impossible to polish out a scratch on a coated lens without damaging or removing the coating. It is however possible to replace the damaged lens itself.

I wasn't so lucky - in a sense. I have a much older 3-12x50 PMI that went in for a internal lense clean up and the lense cluster in the rear occular was making noise. It was there for a while (a few months?) They fixed it no charge, which was great. But they burned the paint on the rear occular doing the service. They said they were going to order a new tube from Germany and replace it for free. Great. Over a month later, I called in last Monday to check on the part and they didn't know if it was even ordered, and asked me to call back this Friday, which I'm cool with, but now they aren't sure if it's just the rear occular that will be repalced or the whole tube. Which then brings up the potential of mix matched parts as I doubt S&B do the gloss black anymore. So my experience is hoping for the best, but TBA. Another option I might investigate is getting the whole scope refinished, does anyone have a good company to work with on that?

Sounds like another JerryR success story to me.

Agree with this 1000%. I had a minor issue with one of my 5x25 PMII, sent it off to Jerry and it was back in my hands in about a week working perfectly. Awesome customer service !!

Agree another 1000%. Had an issue with my S&B scope and it took them a whole 24 hrs to fix my scope and have it on it's way back to me. Great service.

I wasn't so lucky - in a sense. I have a much older 3-12x50 PMI that went in for a internal lense clean up and the lense cluster in the rear occular was making noise. It was there for a while (a few months?) They fixed it no charge, which was great. But they burned the paint on the rear occular doing the service. They said they were going to order a new tube from Germany and replace it for free. Great. Over a month later, I called in last Monday to check on the part and they didn't know if it was even ordered, and asked me to call back this Friday, which I'm cool with, but now they aren't sure if it's just the rear occular that will be repalced or the whole tube. Which then brings up the potential of mix matched parts as I doubt S&B do the gloss black anymore. So my experience is hoping for the best, but TBA. Another option I might investigate is getting the whole scope refinished, does anyone have a good company to work with on that?

I was out of town and was not given all of the correct info on this at the time and am just getting details on it after I read your post and started asking questions. A little disappointing would be an understatement.

Please contact me directly and we will get you straightened out.