• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender DT II+ turrets - yes they are worth it

Glassaholic

Optical theorist and conjecturer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Panhandle, FL
    I have had multiple Schmidt & Bender scopes over the years, some had good turrets some not so good. I've always had mixed feelings about the MTC feature as with almost all the scopes I've had them in I would over dial by .1-.2 mils and have to dial back and vice versa if I was spinning back down. I bought a Schmidt Ultra Short that was brand new in 2018 with the MSR2 reticle, this scope had the best MTC I had felt yet, but the 18 mil turrets were horrible (mushy and very close together). But earlier this year I got to try out the DT II+ turrets in a 5-45 and what a difference! Some of the best turrets I've felt to date, no play, very tactile and the locking mechanism was superb and MTC even better than that 2018 Ultra Short, no over/under travel issues past the MTC full mil points.

As an FYI, Schmidt will replace turrets on existing PM II scopes; however, only the following scopes apply according to Jerry Ricker -
    5-45x56, 3-20 ultra short, 3-27x56 and new style 5-25x56

"...and new style 5-25x56." I keep hearing about this but haven't seen one. Does the new style still have the illum knob in the same location?

"...and new style 5-25x56." I keep hearing about this but haven't seen one. Does the new style still have the illum knob in the same location?
    This is from Jerry:
    The new style 5-25 has the locking MTC as opposed to the original double turn. The main tube was changed to accommodate the new locking MTC knob assembly.

PS - yes, illumination knob in same location, that is the same for all PM II scopes, even newer ones.

Reactions: jonthomps
    I made enquiries some time ago for prices for the retro fit but still waiting for S&B to come back with an answer.

Hope it’s not silly money like the reticle changes, as I feel might be best to sell and buy again as opposed to retro-fit.

However if I ever get prices I will let you know. Will be £ or € rather than $ but will be a good benchmark

I made enquiries some time ago for prices for the retro fit but still waiting for S&B to come back with an answer.

Hope it’s not silly money like the reticle changes, as I feel might be best to sell and buy again as opposed to retro-fit.

However if I ever get prices I will let you know. Will be £ or € rather than $ but will be a good benchmark
    Jerry told me the Ultra Short turret upgrades are running just over $700, to give an idea.

Wmj is correct. Here is the message I got from Jerry when I inquired about it.

"I just did one a couple weeks ago and it was $735.00 total if I recall."

Reactions: Glassaholic