• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender P4F subtention diagram

bh-ltr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Eugene, OR
I've searched both here and Google and I've not been able to find what I need. I used to have this file that I'd via email from Jerry @ premier that was a very nice PDF of the subtentions of the P4F reticle. I lost it in a recent format and I missed backing up that folder.

If anyone has that file I'd greatly appreciate getting it back again.

If its already here and my search abilities failed me then please provide a link to where I may find it. Even better if you can tell me what and how you searched for it I'd be even more appreciative.

Thanks gentlemen.

Re: Schmidt & Bender P4F subtention diagram

I have it here as an inage,

sed me your email and I will email it to you.

regards

Ewen

P4Fine.jpg

The specs are for a P4F but it looks much more like a standard P4. I have a P4F on a S&B 4-16x42 and love it but wouldnt mind one bit haveing the P4 in the same set up. I dont think its even offered in 4-16x42. The P4 is going to be better for lower settings and the P4F is going to be better for higher settings. Hard choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDECK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The specs are for a P4F but it looks much more like a standard P4. I have a P4F on a S&B 4-16x42 and love it but wouldnt mind one bit haveing the P4 in the same set up. I dont think its even offered in 4-16x42. The P4 is going to be better for lower settings and the P4F is going to be better for higher settings. Hard choice. </div></div>

Wasn't that hard of a choice for me! I called Mike@CSGunworks and he'd already left the shop and was on his drive home. I told him I was interested in buying a S&B PMII5-25X56 from him. I told him I wanted a P4 or P4F reticle and double turn mil turrets. He replied that he had exactly that scope on hand and in stock right then and there with the P4F reticle. I was like ok awesome give me a lil bit and I'll think about it and give you a call back. He said its an awesome scope and being that he had it on hand he knew it was going to go fast. So I said ok find put my name down I'll take it. The guy actually stopped the car took down my information on the side of the road turned around and went back. I think there was something I wanted him to confirm before shipping it and he did that called me back and finished the sale.

It was 5:15 and he sold me the Badger Rings and the scope and has them in UPS's hands that day. Two days later the gem arrived in the mail with Butler Creek caps thrown in for free.

Top notch scope and a top notch retailer!

Thank you gentlemen for providing me with the subtentions.

Dont get me wrong, I like the P4F very much. I also like the P4. I finally chose the P4F when I saw how many people were sending their P4 scopes to Premier to be fitted with the P4F. Several of these were S&B PMII 3-12x50. I didnt want to take the chance of haveing to dish out more money to change reticles. I have never seen anyone change their reticle from a P4F to a P4 and thats what finally did it for me. That being said I still think the P4 is as good and that it comes down to personal preference and how your brain is wired. What I mean by this is that I dont care for mil dots but I realize they are excellent for the intended use. Hash marks just register in my brain more positively. Scopes with mil dot/hash mark combos really drive me crazy but many guys swear by them.

Just as an interesting side note,

Leupold now offers a version of their Mark-4 spotting scope with the P4 reticle.

Leupold PN: 65145
Looks like the price differnce is about $25 - $30 over the TMR.

I came upon it when I was looking over their new price list and thought it a bit odd.

P4 in the Leupold scope? Hrm... That would be cool... I'm seriously considering the USO spotter. The USO spotter is cheaper tougher and probably much more made in the USA.