• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender PM II 10x42

RoverG79

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2007
Madison, MS
Who's running a Schmidt & Bender Police Marksman II 10x42? How do you like it and on the 1/4 MOA version, how much elevation does the first rotation give? Does anyone have pics of it on a rifle, esp a close up of the elevation knob.

I am thinking of running one on a M40A1 build. My choices are the S&B, USO ST-10 with a 1/2 MOA Erek and 37mm obj, or a Leupold 3.5x10 VXIII M3 with Marine Corp oval mildots.

Re: Schmidt & Bender PM II 10x42

IMG_0981-1.jpg

Single turn turret,Mil version only, 13 mil elevation, Bryant or P3 reticle.
Foolproof scope.

I like that you can mount it lower than the 34mm SB's. I'm looking at one myself. Are they a CCW elevation knob?

I running one on my .308 tactical from GAP. Its is one of the finest scopes I have ever used!! Thinking of getting one to ride on my hunting rig - its that nice.

How is parallax clarity at close and far ranges, say 100 or 500 yards?

I have only shot out to 300 yds, but up close I have had no problems. Like I said, its one of the best scopes (clarity wise) I have used.

I have one on a Robar SR60 (308). I shoot from 100-600. I have had no problems. I think it is the best scope because it is simple (no adjustment). The clarity is excellent, tracks perfect. You will not regret it. Now good luck on getting one.

rockresize.jpg

S&B PMII 10x42 on 24" GAP Rock .308

Flawlessly constructed, simple and straightforward, eerily clear and bright.

I considered the ST-10 as well. I couldn't decide since USO offered all the same features at a comparable price. I made the call just on the "look" of the S&B on this platform and can't be much happier about it. Good luck!

(First post!)

I had a 10x42mm PMII and sent it to S&B to reset the "parallax-free" distance to 100 or 200m. I thought my USO MST-100 had a better image and sold the S&B.

How do these scopes do at 1000 + yards, I understand they dont have parallax adjustments so does it make them fuzzy or not as clear at 1000-1500yards?
I am looking at putting on on a precision 30-06 build
-Thanks
-Savage

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoverG79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking of running one on a M40A1 build. My choices are the S&B, USO ST-10 with a 1/2 MOA Erek and 37mm obj, or a Leupold 3.5x10 VXIII M3 with Marine Corp oval mildots. </div></div>
I recommend the USO ST-10 with ERGO and EREK over the S&B 10x42mm PMI - I have owned and used both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do these scopes do at 1000 + yards, I understand they dont have parallax adjustments so does it make them fuzzy or not as clear at 1000-1500yards?
I am looking at putting on on a precision 30-06 build
-Thanks
-Savage </div></div>

a 10x scope of any clarity is gonna be a lil fuzzy at 1500 my friend. I suggest atleast a 17 power

I think S&B dropped fixed 10x years ago. 10x was with 30mm tube.

Friend has one mint cond fixed, he might sell it...

S&B still makes the 10X PMII....not easy to come by though. Great scope. I have two and they have worked very well on a .257 Weatherby and a GAP Non Typical .308. I also used one on an M40A1 for a couple of years. You wont go wrong with it.

Good luck!!

Thinkinging abojut one of these for a tacticial build I'm torn is the USO glass as clear as the S&B? I think I like the looks of the S&B but like to be able to adjust for parllex....