• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender PMII Lefty Friendly?

Iloveguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2010
Arizona
After seeing a post on hear I am starting to regret my recent purchase of a Schmidt PMII 5-25x56. Being that the Illumination knob is on the left hand side and gets in the way of cylcing the bolt. Any left handed Schmidt owners out there that could shed some light on this? Is it bad or not as bad as I am thinking? Shooting comps requires some quick bolt manipulation. So going slow is not gonna work for me.

Re: Schmidt & Bender PMII Lefty Friendly?

Talk to Tigerbikes (Jeff). I know he recently went through this exact same thing.

Re: Schmidt & Bender PMII Lefty Friendly?

LH actions severely limit the placement of your SB if it is illuminated with the rear knob ...

it can be done, but i had to adjust my LOP severely to get a proper eye relief...

Going to come down to a few factors like knob size, handle length, placement on the rifle... etc... i definately wouldnt buy one hoping it would work on my rifle ... need to find someone that will allow you to do a temp mock up on the rifle and see if it works for you.