• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Schmidt & Bender PMII PSR? Help w/ Identification.

thrashergrant

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2021
Texas
I recently acquired this pantone S&B 5-25 PMII and am looking to find out more info about it, specifically as it relates to the PSR identification. I do not have the box or any other info that what is shared below.

My search began with a call to Jerry at Schmidt & Bender USA who admitted he had never seen an example like this and was unable to provide further clarity. I've combed through the internet and am unable to come up with any other info or examples.

I am aware of the limited (300) PSR Schmidt released a while ago, but this does not appear to be one of them. As you can see, the engravings clearly mark it as a "PSR" model and show a cage code, however, it lacks the Data Matrix code present on the aforementioned PSR releases from Schmidt.

Furthermore the markings indicate this should have an H2CMR reticle. Interestingly, it actually has a Tremor 2 reticle inside. I believe the actual PSR scopes also use the Tremor 2 reticle.

I understand someone could have had it sent to S&B and had the reticle swapped out at one point, but it is odd nonetheless.

So...What am I looking at?

Did S&B make earlier PSR scopes without the data matrix marking?

Could this be a "prototype" PSR?

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• schmidt-psr-1.jpg
    schmidt-psr-1.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 123
  • schmidt-psr-2.jpg
    schmidt-psr-2.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 123
  • schmidt-psr-3.jpg
    schmidt-psr-3.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 128
I remember that Euro Optic had some of these with the T2 reticle and had that stupid little placard on the objective that they used to cover up some markings that seemed to vary scope to scope by the people who removed them. Some would be fully intact with cage code and everything and some would look like they were scratch off by a drunk with a dremel. Could very well be that some of these got released as special editions with that placard because of a wrong engraving too.

Damn. Following for this. Always regret not picking up one of the PSR scopes.

I remember that Euro Optic had some of these with the T2 reticle and had that stupid little placard on the objective that they used to cover up some markings that seemed to vary scope to scope by the people who removed them. Some would be fully intact with cage code and everything and some would look like they were scratch off by a drunk with a dremel. Could very well be that some of these got released as special editions with that placard because of a wrong engraving too.

Thanks for the insight!

I’m familiar with the scopes you’re referencing. Any idea if any of those made it out to the public without the Data Matrix engraved on them?

The PSR scopes you and I are talking about seem to have a different engraving layout (underneath the seal) with the addition of an NSN number. (See pic of reference below)

Attachments

• 2B470706-B024-478B-BB36-E72BBDBCDA10.jpeg
    2B470706-B024-478B-BB36-E72BBDBCDA10.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 81
I read somewhere, sorry I don’t remember where, the ones with the placard were overruns. There’s a small number out there with full markings that went back for illumination issues is what I was told. They were beat up and used for sure.

Reactions: thrashergrant
@thrashergrant, i saw this scope posted, and am familiar with the seller of it, it is for sure not a civilian release. As for what it was used on? i'm not sure. Very well was cataloged as 'inventory' at some point, that is for sure.

Reactions: thrashergrant