• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender PMII zeroing issue with Double Turn turret (DT) question!!

shnipöw

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
Hey guys,

I'm rather new to this so this might be a stupid question. And I got really confused when trying to fix this issue I'm now asking for help for.

I purchased a Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 PMII scope with Double Turn (DT) turret for elevation (Clock Wise (CW) ).
When bore sighting I noticed that I needed to adjust the elevation downwards quite a bit! However I was already at the zero stop. So a was lacking downward adjustment possibilities!
So I losen the screws of the turret and turn the turret up almost one revolution to push the zero upward hence getting more play room.
My crosshair was now 1mil below the target. So I turned upp 1 mil and re-adjusted the zero again.

I was now happy with the elevation; the turret showed no yellow marking, and I had my zero at where it should be at 100m.

The issue/question!!! I tested to turn it to the second revolution and I noticed that I could not turn it more than just a few mils past where the second revolution began.

Just to be sure; is this due to the fact I am running a 0MOA mount on a 0MOA base? Is the second revolution on the Schmidt & Bender PMII scope only achievable when mounting it on some tilt?

Equipment;
Tikka T3x Varmint with 11" twist
.308win 9,7gram bullet with 0.42 BC.. etc...
Suppressor
Spuhr mount with 0MOA
Schmidt&Bender PMII 5-25x56 DT/ST LP CW MRAD

Thank you guys in advance!

Thank you for your short and concise answer. :)

I guess it might be a good idea to change the 0MOA Spuhr mount to a somewhat canted one... are there any cons with a canted mount on a rifle or only pros?

It allows you to use the full range of the scope’s adjustment, a pro. Otherwise you are bottoming out the erector when you dial out far and that cuts off a third of the image.