• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender RAL 8000 Scopes?

Jakerz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Statesville, NC
Curious as to how close the Cerakote RAL 8000 is to this color on the scope? I've always loved these in that color and hopefully will get to pull the trigger on one soon! As for those that have the scopes, how well does the coating hold up vs standard anodizing?

Thanks!
Jake

I've got one in Pantone. I assume it's a similar finish, and I agree, it's not as durable as black. I'm good with it though. My work rifles are tools, and they don't really look their best until they've been gently "distressed."

Curious as to how close the Cerakote RAL 8000 is to this color on the scope? I've always loved these in that color and hopefully will get to pull the trigger on one soon!

Thanks!
Jake

I want to go back to Jake's question. For any who have the RAL8000 Scopes, have you had anything Cerakoted in RAL8000, to see if the colors match? The reason I am asking is I am wondering if I had a RAL8000 scope, and had some scratches, if I took a part of the scope (where there are natural edges) and re-coated, would it match ?

I don't think Cerakote would be a viable option for re-coating your scope. The only Cerakote they make in the RAL 8000 color is the H Series which is bake on, I don't think it would be a good idea to put an assembled scope in the oven, lol.

But IDK, maybe Mike CSTactical could chime in on weather of not they can use H Series stuff?

​​​​​​​Jake

I don't think Cerakote would be a viable option for re-coating your scope. The only Cerakote they make in the RAL 8000 color is the H Series which is bake on, I don't think it would be a good idea to put an assembled scope in the oven, lol.

But IDK, maybe Mike CSTactical could chime in on weather of not they can use H Series stuff?

​​​​​​​Jake

Yes it can be done :cool:

For the record, got a very thoughtful note from S&B service this morning. They say that they will "touch-up" in the shop, or for severe scratches, they can replace the tube for a hefty fee.