• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt Bender Reticles

green338 2.0

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2012
NorCal
Does SB do reticle changes? I have a P4F and wondering if it
would be easier to just send it in for a reticle change rather than trying to sell mine and look for a H2CMR...any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Re: Schmidt Bender Reticles

They do conversions, but odds are you'll be better off selling and buying another scope. I forget the price I was quoted, but it was in the mid hundreds.

Yes - S&B will do reticle changes but they are $500 from the Service Center in Virginia.

I just had one done not too long ago - customer service was excellent!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: green338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does SB do reticle changes? I have a P4F and wondering if it
would be easier to just send it in for a reticle change rather than trying to sell mine and look for a H2CMR...any help would be appreciated

Thanks! </div></div>
Yes - Schmidt & Bender does reticle changes and they can definitely change your P4F to a H2CMR. The question is, does the U.S. Service Center have the H2CMR reticle and other related parts in stock to do the reticle change, or will they have to order the reticle and/or other parts from Germany. If neither the Service Center and Germany don't have the required items in stock that it could be a while.

<span style="font-style: italic">Either way, email Mark Cromwell at [email protected] for a quote on pricing and turnaround.</span> I've dealt with the U.S. Schmidt & Bender Service Center on two separate occasions for turret conversions now, and both times the service was timely and professional. I'd expect the price to be $350.00 or more, which includes return shipping to you. As an example, I've seen SH members quote the P4F reticle ranging from $350.00 to $550.00, but I don't know if the pricing was firsthand or how current it was. And the H2CMR may be more anyway.

Keith

Thank you for the responses. I will email SB to see what they could offer, thanks for the email address.

On a related topic...the S&B customer service center takes good care of you and their turn-around is quick!

They did some "clean-up" work on my 5-25 MSR and turned it around within 2 weeks!

Jerry, Mark and the gang take care of their S&B customers!

Good to know the US Center has such good service and quick turn around if they have the parts in stock. I always appreciate hearing good about American customer service ! Now if only the Government could get a clue.

I was just thinking of this myself. Wanted to switch my P4F to an H59. I suppose if it could be done it would certainly be more than $500.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skkeeter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I inquired with them about changing my turret from CW to CCW and they quoted me $500 and 2 weeks. Seems to be the standard for turnaround time. </div></div>
Not to quibble about $50.00, but were you quoted $500.00 for the turret conversion, or $550.00? I ask because a lot of people (incorrectly) round numbers up or down, and the price on turret conversions from Schmidt & Bender's U.S. Service Center has been $550.00 since S & B first they opened their first U.S. Service Center (in New Hampshire) about three years ago, and was still the turret conversion cost back in July when I had my third CCW conversion done.

Keith