• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender Short Dot 1-8x24 and S&B 3-20x50

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    SHOT SHOW 2012 SCHMIDT & BENDER
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-rfsya6hBas" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

S&B Short Dot 1-8x24mm.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v16K6-P6wBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Schmidt and Bender PMII 3-20x50 Review:</span></span>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Jbq7CxHhVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got a little package from Schmidt and Bender...

They have sent us one of the new <span style="color: #000099">1-8x24 PM Short Dot Rifle Scopes</span> for T & E. Please note, we do not have any to ship out yet. We will be filming a review on the range in the coming days. If you have any questions about the scope leave it on the thread below or in the comments section at the link below and we'll do our best to cover them in the video review.

Did this so fast, forgot to take pics of the locking turret feature, but we'll cover that in the video...

Here are some pics below. If you want more, we've posted many more pics on the CST Online Magazine at the link below:

<span style="color: #000099">Sneak Peak: Schmidt & Bender 1-8x24 PM Short Dot</span>

5883226496_34de0275ca_z.jpg

5882665855_2b76f05700_z.jpg

5882641117_79c933938b_z.jpg

Here are some photos of the Schmidt & Bender 1-8x and Schmidt & Bender 3-20x.
    5909479725_0bf484442c_z.jpg

This is the Schmidt & Bender Short Dot 1-8x24mm with a Mil Dot CC Reticle. I have it mounted to a 6.8 upper built by Specialized Dynamics (www.specializeddynamics.com)
    5909479675_8815e0a16f_z.jpg

5910037986_de95909b39_z.jpg

Here is the Schmidt & Bender 3-20x50mm with the H58, at this time I have it mounted to a GAP AR10 in 260.
    5910037990_ebacee8631_z.jpg

5910037410_4e77d04e50_z.jpg

We will be doing a video review on these scopes they and are not for sale. We do not have a solid ETA when they will hit the market but we are hoping to for late August. Again we are not sure when they will be out.

If you have question you can post them here and we will try to address them in the video.

FYI: The photos were done with my iPhone

Mike @ CST

Re: Schmidt & Bender 1-8x24 PM Short Dot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got a little package from Schmidt and Bender...

Mike @ CST</div></div>

With a brochure in it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With a brochure in it? </div></div>

LOL! A little bit more than that. Workin on pics right now, should have some up tonight...

Mike @ CST

Here is the S&B 1-8x RETs. The RAM is at 550yds.

S&B 1-8x24mm @ 1x with the daytime illumination.
    6146605408_412629d353_b.jpg

S&B 1-8x24mm @ 4x with the daytime illumination.
    6146604072_d4ff0c0a8c_b.jpg

S&B 1-8x24mm @ 8x with no illumination on
    6146596950_c5edeef519_b.jpg

S&B 1-8x24mm @ 4x with no illumination on
    6146595022_c3381c17f4_b.jpg

S&B 1-8x24mm @ 1x with no illumination on
    6146044271_717b3d4702_b.jpg

Mike @ CST

I have several questions: -

What reticle does it come with? (My understanding is it will only be available with the Mil Dot in the US, the H58 being unavailable in the US).

Do they come from S&B with the lens caps shown and what brand are the lens caps?

Is it possible to determine if this optic will work with the KAC one piece 30mm mount?

Mike, How do you feel the eyebox compared to the old 1.1-4? Is it much smaller?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    What reticle does it come with? </div></div>

+1 and can we get a pic of it?

Ah that rocks beacuse that means any day now Team Blaster will be receiving theres!!

smile.gif

This is true 1x, correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pics added above, video coming soon...

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Hey Mike,

I can't think of a scope I'd rather have than one of these for a SPR but why is there a space between the 10 and the 0 on the elev turret ?

Reticle.

Really interested in seeing the integration of the reticle functions.

Reticle.

Drum roll please.......

Very nice. What's the price? $2500?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pics added above, video coming soon...

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Hey Mike,

I can't think of a scope I'd rather have than one of these for a SPR but why is there a space between the 10 and the 0 on the elev turret ? </div></div>Single turn turret. It stops at 10 mils.

Mike ,

Could you bring the scope out to the Match this Sunday please so we can check it out???

Gerard Garcia

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garcia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike ,

Could you bring the scope out to the Match this Sunday please so we can check it out???

Gerard Garcia </div></div>

Will do.

Mike @ CST

I have a few questions:
    What is the overall length of the scope?
    How does size compare to the 1-4 shortdot?
    Is the reticle in first or second focal plane?
    Is it also a 30mm tube size?

Well, look at that. A CCW elevation turret.

Now that S&B has me converted to CW knobs, any chance this will be sold in a CW version? (can't believe I'm even asking that nowadays)

I would like to see , something like this with a 36-40mm Objective and 10x on the top end .

Something like a 3-12x version of their 4-16x42 model , but with a tube dia of 30mm , and they could leave the turret box based on the 34mm model & just step it down later like Zeiss or USO MST-100 .

That would really rock , a smaller unit for lite weight rigs .

Later Chris

Matt jst turn it the way the numbers get bigger
    wink.gif
    I have both and it's not confusing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Matt jst turn it the way the numbers get bigger
    wink.gif
    I have both and it's not confusing.</div></div>

Can you do that?

Only with some highly technical training.
    wink.gif

It really is rocket science.

Does that have a zero stop? Just turn the only way you can.....

Is the video review ready?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the video review ready? </div></div>

Gonna be 2-3 weeks for the range review video on this one (it would be done sooner, but the video guy is taking a little vacation next week
    cool.gif
    ). BUT I will be filming some very interesting content (on a different subject) for you guys next Wednesday in So Cal. Should have that up in 12-15 days or so.

Mason @ CST

Such a Tease.... will be looking forward to the review, still have the leupold cqbss perhaps a compare and contrast?

Ok,

So what does the illumination consist of? Does it have the flash dot and a separate reticle illumination?

Sweet setup; I see it replacing my Comp M3 and 3x on my AR. Mike had the Leupold there also, but I didn't take a look at it (was in a bit of a hurry).

Re: Schmidt & Bender Short Dot 1-8x24 and S&B 3-20x50

Nice looking set of optics you have there. Looking forward to the reviews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Matt jst turn it the way the numbers get bigger
    wink.gif
    I have both and it's not confusing. </div></div>

Unfortunately S&B has permanently trained my wrist to only turn in one direction now...... The curse of an S&B addiction.
    crazy.gif
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just add photo of the 3-20x50mm.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

When will you have this model scope in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just add photo of the 3-20x50mm.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

When will you have this model scope in? </div></div>

I am with KYS338, anxiously waiting for its arrival..it would make a great early Christmas present for me.

More Schmidt & Bender photos.
    Here you see the S&B 4-16x42mm next to the soon to be S&B 3-20x. First thing I noticed was Length of the scopes the 3-20x50mm is a little more compact. If you look 3-20x’s 34mm tube you will also notice that there is more room for the ring in the back half of the scope and less in the front half, I prefer this.

5913751730_bce995f591_z.jpg

5913751638_398f83bdd0_z.jpg

5913751272_70562e7bb6_z.jpg

We have them on order. The ETA have been changing but we are hopping to get them by the end of summer, we will see.

Mike @ CST

Those look great....ill be in touch

Mike, any chance of getting some pics through the scope of the Klein reticle? I am on the fence between that and the H2CMR.

Thanks!

I know Rob1 has some photos of the H2CMR. I think I like the Klein a little more but it maybe just because I'm more accustomed to the layout.

Mike @ CST

Also notice the 50mm eye piece on the 3-20x. Great eye box and there is no tunneling like some complain about on the 5-25x.

Here's a pic of the H2CMR. I really like the lay out
    P6300184.jpg

The Klein can be found on S&B's German site.

Klein.png

Just out of curiosity, how much do one of those set a guy back?

Are the S&B Cerakoted scopes shown at Shot Show going to be available?