• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt & Bender...thanks

Blaster4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2005
Virginia
www.teamblaster.net
Just mounted and sighted in a couple new S&B's yesterday...might have been the easiest and fastest zeroing process I've ever done.

First was a 5-25 PMII. That glass is crazy...I bet that's how the Lord sees stuff. So bright and so clear. To float the knobs and have the the stops be where they need to be is as simple as loosening the two screws on the knob, pull the knob up and float, re-tighten. Now I'm officially spoiled with magnification.

Next up was a S&B 1.5-6 Short Dot for my 3Gun AR. That went on and zeroed just as easy although this scope is in MOA so it took me a couple of extra shots to realize why...LOL. I'm looking forward to the new 1-8 ShortDot. I love this glass.

Here is a pic of the ShortDot...and a NF I have mounted up on a Colt 6920.

IMG00180-20100507-1246.jpg

Re: Schmidt & Bender...thanks

Kevin did you get the P4f reticle??? in the 5-25

Yes I have the P4f...it is good to go. I'm very happy with it.

No I haven't given up on NF scopes. I still use my F1 and the 1-4. I personally have not had any issues with my NF and think they are solid scopes...track very well. I do wish there were more options in regards to reticles for the F1.

The glass on the S&B's are obviously much better.

Respectfully,

--KJ

The mount is from American Defense

I've never used one before but the lock up is very solid and I have no complaints.

With both of these set ups I can go from CQB range targets using the red dot in the reticle to 600 yard targets with a quick spin of the power ring. Great gear...way better than the ACOG I used way back in the day.

I wish S&B made sunglasses...LOL.

Respectfully,

--KJ

Nice short dot.

Any news on the 3-20's, CCW, with Klein reticles?

Ya that 1-8 might be the ultimate battle rifle optic ever. I'm runny g this 1.5-6 in the meantime...once I held the 1-8 at Shot Show...it was all over....everything else my limited experience has used before just could not measure up.

Respectfully

--KJ

Hey Graham...latest scoop I got was Mid-August for the 3-20 with the Klein ret.

This is what was in the email I got back...

"They have improved the 1-8x exit pupil from 6.5mm to 9.5mm and have lowered the profile of the elevation turret. It will have both dot illumination and reticle illumination control in one knob."

Also someone asked about the 1.5-6 availability and the answer I got was that it was never really released here in the USA...and now that the 1-8 AwesomeDot...lol...is going to arrive soon there isn't much of a market for it. However, if you really really want one all you have to do is call. They will get you one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Graham...latest scoop I got was Mid-August for the 3-20 with the Klein ret.
</div></div>

Klein!?!?!?! Who the F wants a Klein?!?!!? Come on with that P4!!!!

The Klein is my favorite reticle from S&B... its a GEN II only a better version and it was the GEN II before there was a GEN II.

I have several Klein Reticle S&B scopes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Graham...latest scoop I got was Mid-August for the 3-20 with the Klein ret.</div></div>Thanks.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Klein is my favorite reticle from S&B... its a GEN II only a better version and it was the GEN II before there was a GEN II.</div></div>Yup.