• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Schmidt & Bender Zero / Zero Stop

KyleH762

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2020
I’m certain y’all can help, I’m stumped. I’ve got the S&B 5x25x56 PM II. My question relates to how to set / reset the zero stop, which according to the instructions should be pretty easy. Loosen the two set screws and dial the turret back to zero after zeroing and then retighten set screws. My problem is that the rifle is on perfectly left to right at 100 yards but off by 1 MOA high at the current zero stop. I follow the above mention instructions but the turret is still locked / stopped at zero (won’t turn below the zero stop the 1 MOA I need). What am I missing to make this adjustment?

Last edited:
Sounds like you may need to loosen them more. With mil turrets, when the set screws are tight, you should be able to dial 0.6-0.8 past the zero you set.

I’m certain y’all can help, I’m stumped. I’ve got the S&B 5x25x56 PM II. My question relates to how to set / reset the zero stop, which according to the instructions should be pretty easy. Loosen the two set screws and dial the turret back to zero after zeroing and then retighten set screws. My problem is that the rifle is on perfectly left to right at 100 yards but off by 1 MOA high at the current zero stop. I follow the above mention instructions but the turret is still locked / stopped at zero (won’t turn below the zero stop the 1 MOA I need). What am I missing to make this adjustment?

Loosen turret, dial up amount, tighten screws, turn back to zero.

Their right, if the two allen head screws in the turret are loosened, the turret should spin freely with no clicks. Also at your zero turn it clockwise enough (assuming your scope is clockwise=down) so that the 2nd turn indicator isn't showing yellow. And yes on my S&B you can turn the turret 6 clicks clockwise past 0 before it stops.

Which version of the turrets does your scope have?