• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt und Bender 2022 has me interested

Looks pretty sweet. If only they'd price them to be competitive with the other high ends like ZCO, TT, etc.

The 12.5-50 FT II has the illumination button on the right side, IIRC

I haven’t looked yet. Can you still see the target sorta or is it all reticle now?
Looks something like this. If you don't see your hit, you gotta adjust until it hits where you can see it through the reticle. If you're in the center, you're dead on for 2miles :ROFLMAO:
1642346395047.png

03596B80-608C-4131-A73D-DB11C57E627C.png

The catalog says it was updated but unless the glass is different, they just updated the ocular throw ring to be like the 520 320 us out of aluminum and slapped a flat dt27 turret offering on there yawn
I wish they would update the FOV on the low end. For most use it doesn't matter though, so.

The P5FL reticle looks nice, sorta similar to the Nightforce Mil-C. Not sure though if I would sell one of my 7–35’s though to try it.

Jeez, tremor 5 looks overwhelming.

I suppose I’m just not good enough to use such a reticle… I’ll stick to my p4fl. Though I would enjoy it if it had a center dot..

The P5FL reticle looks nice, sorta similar to the Nightforce Mil-C. Not sure though if I would sell one of my 7–35’s though to try it.
Agreed it does look nice. I would prefer the P5 to my P4. But the MSR2 would be my first choice. Giving serious consideration to doing the reticle swap over to it.

Looks like the Illumination dial is right where it’s always been.

That 6-36x PM2 looks sharp. I dont need the extra magnification personally but the scope looks great. I never did mind the illumination turret of old, and I think it gave the Schmidt scopes their distinct look, but this looks more modern.

I like that P5 reticle. Wish it was offered in the MSR tho. How soon will these be at dealers?

Reactions: JakeM
I like it. Not enough to upgrade though. I have two SB scopes and a NF 7-35. I hardly ever use the extra power so it isn’t worth the upgrade for me. In fact my NF remains in a box after shooting it for a few months only to discover I liked the clearer glass in SB better. I wonder if SB will price these competitively with ZCO and TT.

Reactions: BCX
Good grief, did a memo go out to all scope manufacturers - "You all need to make a 6-36x56"? Bushnell, Vortex and now Schmidt, apparently the 6-36 is the new 5-25, big question I have is whether the Schmidt 6-36 tunnels ;), nope they seemed to have figured that out and this scope offers the widest FOV in the class it would appear. Finally get to see them remove the illumination tumor, been asking for that for quite some time. Was worried that the low profile turrets were the only option (from the pics) but thankfully the superior DT II+ turrets are available in this model. This model is lighter and shorter than the 5-25, along with a huge FOV will make this an interesting option (https://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/police-military-forces/6-36x56-pm-ii.html). I'm guessing this will be priced above $4k

Also, what is this new P5FL reticle...

Here's a comp sheet for the higher end scopes with high magnification (let me know if any specs are wrong)

1642617771780.png

What am I missing? They are listing two field of view measurements, and the one for USA is less, but it’s also listed as meters.
Good question, I used the (m) value (not USA), converted meters to feet and then divided by 1.093 to go from 100 meters to 100 yards. Possible the USA one is at 100 yards, but if that's the case then the values are not lining up.

Field of view (m)7.3–1.25
Field of view [USA] (m)6.2–1.05

Last edited:
Good question, I used the (m) value (not USA), converted meters to feet and then divided by 1.093 to go from 100 meters to 100 yards. Possible the USA one is at 100 yards, but if that's the case then the values are not lining up.

Field of view (m)7.3–1.25
Field of view [USA] (m)6.2–1.05

You can see the FOV measurement in degree is also narrower for the US model.
Maybe they have a bit less edge clarity and have limited it for the US market so people don't complain about glass?

Anyway looks like a nice option for people like the Gen3 Vortex too heavy crowd, interesting to see the price.

#edit.
In your table you didn't include the weird MT II MTC, 0.05 Mrad turret option.
39.5 mills elevation and 6.5 of windage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glassaholic
Am I the only one who hates the new illumination design? I get why they did it but thats going to be a wide ass scope and in my opinion lost its s&b identity taking away their stand alone illum knob. They would have been better off making it serviceable to switch either right or left for a small fee.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
Talked to them, not official pricing but estimated at 4500 for the 6-36.
At that price, I think they will be competitive. Thanks for the input and photo. Great looking scope. Still not worth the hassle for me but I think we will start to see a lot more SB scopes in the PX if they price holds up.

We have proven there is always a place for something more overpriced. Shooters seem to know no economical boundaries.
It’s not different than any other industry. I work on my own vehicles. I don’t need to spend a small fortune on snap on. I’m not a by trade a mechanic.

Some peoples shooting is serious enough to warrant an expansive economic boundary.

Then there’s the issue of people that have more money then sense.

Good grief, did a memo go out to all scope manufacturers - "You all need to make a 6-36x56"? Bushnell, Vortex and now Schmidt, apparently the 6-36 is the new 5-25,...
Maybe there is an upcoming military tender?

I am not sure about the combined parallax and illumination. As bad as the tumor was, I really liked the huge parallax knob for fine adjustment.

Maybe there is an upcoming military tender?
Well that's a very good point, or possibly they are all just trying to play catchup with what's trendy. I say what's trendy because of how popular the NF 7-35 has become with PRS, so now everybody jumping onto that bandwagon, but I just don't see what advantage anything above 20/25x has in long range sports where mirage quickly ruins your day at high magnification.
I am not sure about the combined parallax and illumination. As bad as the tumor was, I really liked the huge parallax knob for fine adjustment.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, Schmidt doesn't do a whole lot wrong, will be interested to see this scope at some point.

so after looking and re looking, that Pantone 5-25 above next to the 6-36 is indeed the new 5-25. I didn't even bother to look at it because I through it was the original 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Zane777