• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmitt and bender moa or mil

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
i have wanted to try a mil set up for a while now. my 4x16x42 PMII is at shmitt and bender. i am wondering if i change it from a double turn moa to a single turn mil will the value of this scope go down or up. in csae i dont like the mil and have to sell it for another MOA setup.

Re: Schmitt and bender moa or mil

If it has a mil reticle, which it probably does as i don't believe S&B makes a MOA reticle, then I can only see the value going up as matching reticle and knobs is preferable to most shooters.

You will have no problems going to mils. Same as using MOA just a different graduation. You just dial on your data and shoot. If you have MOA data already then just divide it by 3.43 and it will give you your mil adjustment.

Re: Schmitt and bender moa or mil

Don't worry about the value as you will love the change and won't sell it. Trust me, from there it will be a downhill slide jonesin for each of your scopes to be the same.
Enjoy.
Chad